Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Clocks

View as Grid List
Sort by

The Bank of England, Threadneedle Street, City of London: overmantel and Empire clock above the central fireplace in the Court Room

RIBA54478
Baker, Sir Herbert (1862-1946)
NOTES: Baker reconstructed Sir Robert Taylor's Court Room and Committee Room (1767-1768) on the first floor of the Garden Court.

Pilkington Brothers Limited offices and showrooms, Selwyn House, St James's, London: the reception area with glass plate wall and entrance door

RIBA55086
Cheesman, Kenneth (1900-1964)
NOTES: Occupying four floors of Selwyn House, these premises were converted for the glass manufacturers Pilkingtons, by George Fairweather. The interiors of the reception hall, conference room and showroom were designed by Kenneth Cheesman.

Central Station, Glasgow: main concourse

RIBA57233
Anderson, Sir Robert Rowand (1834-1921)
NOTES: Sir R. R. Anderson was in charge of building the station in 1879 and the later additions in 1905 were overseen by Matheson and Miller.

Great Malvern Station, Worcestershire: the cast iron and glass canopied platforms

RIBA57236
Elmslie, Edmund Wallace (fl. 1841-1872)
NOTES: This station was opened by the Worcester & Hereford Railway in 1860. The buildings, designed by architect Edmund Wallace Elmslie, were completed in 1862.

Paris cinema, Rex House, 4-12 Lower Rgent Street, London: the ticket booth

RIBA59753
Cromie, Robert (1887-1971)
NOTES: Situated two storeys below street level in the Rex House redevelopment, this cinema was forced to close in late November 1939 following the outbreak of World War II. In September 1940 it was requisitioned by the Office of Works and never functioned as a public cinema again. It was converted into a theatre by the BBC for radio broadcasts and was known as the Paris Theatre. It closed in 1995.

Herschel Building (Physics Building), King's College, University of Durham, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the main entrance hall

RIBA61437
Spence, Sir Basil (1907-1976)
NOTES: King's College was created in 1937 by the amalgamation of Durham University's Armstrong College and the College of Medicine in Newcastle on the formal federalisation of Durham University. This building was commissioned in 1956 by the University of Durham. King's College became the independent University of Newcastle in 1963.

Herschel Building (Physics Building), King's College, University of Durham, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the main entrance hall

RIBA61438
Spence, Sir Basil (1907-1976)
NOTES: King's College was created in 1937 by the amalgamation of Durham University's Armstrong College and the College of Medicine in Newcastle on the formal federalisation of Durham University. This building was commissioned in 1956 by the University of Durham. King's College became the independent University of Newcastle in 1963.
Close
)
CLOSE