Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Clock towers

View as Grid List
Sort by

Burghley House, Stamford: detail of clock tower with the Royal coat of arms

RIBA155127
NOTES: See RIBA148125 for a black and white version of this image.

St Paul's Cathedral, City of London: the west front

RIBA155551
Wren, Sir Christopher (1632-1723)
NOTES: See RIBA146725 for a black and white version of this image.

St Paul's Cathedral, City of London: the west front

RIBA155552
Wren, Sir Christopher (1632-1723)
NOTES: See RIBA146726 for a black and white version of this image.

North Docks, Liverpool: looking towards the Victoria tower

RIBA155949
Hartley, Jesse (1780-1860)
NOTES: The North Docks complex of buildings was constructed between c. 1830 and c. 1848, to the designs of Jesse Hartley. See RIBA131649 for a black and white version of this image

Bentley Priory, Stanmore, London: the south front

RIBA157269
Soane, Sir John (1753-1837)
NOTES: Bentley Priory was orignally a 1755 house situated in the grounds of 13th century priory. In 1788 it was sold and the new owner John James Hamiliton commissioned Soane to make alterations and additions to the house, which were carried out from 1789-1794. It was further enlarged Between 1810 and 1818 the house was further enlarged by Robert Smirke. After 1852 Sir John Kelk made a number of additions including the Tuscan Portico to the south front, an Italianate clock tower, and a large conservatory on the west side. The house was badly damaged by fire in 1979, but much of Soane's 18th century work survives including his porte-cochere. See RIBA151425 for a black and white version of this image.

Bentley Priory, Stanmore, London: the south front

RIBA157270
Soane, Sir John (1753-1837)
NOTES: Bentley Priory was orignally a 1755 house situated in the grounds of 13th century priory. In 1788 it was sold and the new owner John James Hamiliton commissioned Soane to make alterations and additions to the house, which were carried out from 1789-1794. It was further enlarged Between 1810 and 1818 the house was further enlarged by Robert Smirke. After 1852 Sir John Kelk made a number of additions including the Tuscan Portico to the south front, an Italianate clock tower, and a large conservatory on the west side. The house was badly damaged by fire in 1979, but much of Soane's 18th century work survives including his porte-cochere. See RIBA151524 for a black and white version of this image.

Rajabai Tower, Bhuleshwar, Mumbai

RIBA157698
Scott, Sir George Gilbert (1811-1878)
NOTES: The designs for this and the University Library nearby were sent from England by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1865. The clocktower is 79.2 metres (260 ft) high. See RIBA131519 for a black and white version of this image.

Rajabai Tower, Bhuleshwar, Mumbai

RIBA157699
Scott, Sir George Gilbert (1811-1878)
NOTES: The designs for this and the University Library nearby were sent from England by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1865. The clocktower is 79.2 metres (260 ft) high. See RIBA131520 for a black and white version of this image.

Sant'Andrea, Mantua, seen from the round church of San Lorenzo with the city clock tower in the foreground

RIBA157860
Alberti, Leon Battista (1404-1472)
NOTES: The church was begun in 1471 just before Alberti's death. It was completed by Luca Fancelli in 1494. It was enlarged in 1530 under the direction of Giulio Romano. This involved the demolition of the east end of the nave-only design to make way for the later Latin cross extension. Designs were drawn up by Filippo Juvarra for the addition of a dome in 1733, but the project was not completed until 1781 by Paolo Pozzo, who was also responsible for decorating the interior. See RIBA130543 for a black and white version of this image.

Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire: the centrepiece of the south front and clock tower behind

RIBA158689
Basil, Simon (d. 1615)
NOTES: Hatfield House, commissioned by the Lord Treasurer, Robert Cecil, Earl of Salisbury, was designed by Simon Basil, who was Surveyor of the King's Works from 1606 until his death in 1615. The construction of the house was supervised by the surveyor, Robert Lemyinge (or Liminge), from 1607 to 1612. See RIBA148287 for a black and white version of this image.

Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire: the south front with centrepiece and clock tower

RIBA158693
Basil, Simon (d. 1615)
NOTES: Hatfield House, commissioned by the Lord Treasurer, Robert Cecil, Earl of Salisbury, was designed by Simon Basil, who was Surveyor of the King's Works from 1606 until his death in 1615. The construction of the house was supervised by the surveyor, Robert Lemyinge (or Liminge), from 1607 to 1612. See RIBA148291 for a black and white version of this image.

British Library, St Pancras, 96 Euston Road, London: the entrance courtyard with the roofscape of St Pancras station hotel on the right

RIBA158889
Colin St John Wilson & Partners
NOTES: See RIBA15076 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE