Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Clock towers

View as Grid List
Sort by

Rajabai Tower, Bhuleshwar, Mumbai

RIBA157698
Scott, Sir George Gilbert (1811-1878)
NOTES: The designs for this and the University Library nearby were sent from England by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1865. The clocktower is 79.2 metres (260 ft) high. See RIBA131519 for a black and white version of this image.

Rajabai Tower, Bhuleshwar, Mumbai

RIBA157699
Scott, Sir George Gilbert (1811-1878)
NOTES: The designs for this and the University Library nearby were sent from England by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1865. The clocktower is 79.2 metres (260 ft) high. See RIBA131520 for a black and white version of this image.

Sant'Andrea, Mantua, seen from the round church of San Lorenzo with the city clock tower in the foreground

RIBA157860
Alberti, Leon Battista (1404-1472)
NOTES: The church was begun in 1471 just before Alberti's death. It was completed by Luca Fancelli in 1494. It was enlarged in 1530 under the direction of Giulio Romano. This involved the demolition of the east end of the nave-only design to make way for the later Latin cross extension. Designs were drawn up by Filippo Juvarra for the addition of a dome in 1733, but the project was not completed until 1781 by Paolo Pozzo, who was also responsible for decorating the interior. See RIBA130543 for a black and white version of this image.

Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire: the centrepiece of the south front and clock tower behind

RIBA158689
Basil, Simon (d. 1615)
NOTES: Hatfield House, commissioned by the Lord Treasurer, Robert Cecil, Earl of Salisbury, was designed by Simon Basil, who was Surveyor of the King's Works from 1606 until his death in 1615. The construction of the house was supervised by the surveyor, Robert Lemyinge (or Liminge), from 1607 to 1612. See RIBA148287 for a black and white version of this image.

Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire: the south front with centrepiece and clock tower

RIBA158693
Basil, Simon (d. 1615)
NOTES: Hatfield House, commissioned by the Lord Treasurer, Robert Cecil, Earl of Salisbury, was designed by Simon Basil, who was Surveyor of the King's Works from 1606 until his death in 1615. The construction of the house was supervised by the surveyor, Robert Lemyinge (or Liminge), from 1607 to 1612. See RIBA148291 for a black and white version of this image.

Halaxton Manor, Lincolnshire: detail of the turrets and clock tower on the west front

RIBA159090
Salvin, Anthony (1799-1881)
NOTES: Harlaxton was begun in 1832 by Salvin and was substantially complete by 1844. But the owner (Gregory Gregory) commissioned William Burn to work on the interior and embellish the exterior, which continued up to Gregory's death in 1854. See RIBA148270 for a black and white version of this image.

Church of St John the Evangelist, Waterloo Road, London

RIBA159744
Bedford, Francis Octavius (1784-1858)
NOTES: Built to celebrate British victory in the Napoleonic Wars, this church was badly firebombed in 1940 and much of the interior was destroyed. Post-war repairs were completed in 1951 when it reopened and served as the parish church for the Festival of Britain. See RIBA132601 for a black and white version of this image.

Kiddington Hall, Kiddington: the clock tower

RIBA161948
Barry, Charles (1823-1900)
NOTES: Country house, built c. 1850, with a core of 1673. The grounds were laid out by Capability Brown probably in the 1740s or 1760s. See RIBA149871 for a black and white version of this image.

Trentham Hall and gardens, Trentham: the clock tower and orangery wing

RIBA161984
Barry, Sir Charles (1795-1860)
NOTES: Between 1835-1844, Barry substantially remodelled and enlarged the earlier 17th century house on the site for the second Duke of Sutherland, who inherited the estate in 1833. Built in the Italianate style its setting is within an 18th century landscape designed by Capability Brown. In 1910-1911, the bulk of the house was demolished. See RIBA150145 for a black and white version of this image.

Trentham Hall and gardens, Trentham: the clock tower

RIBA161986
Barry, Sir Charles (1795-1860)
NOTES: Between 1835-1844, Barry substantially remodelled and enlarged the earlier 17th century house on the site for the second Duke of Sutherland, who inherited the estate in 1833. Built in the Italianate style its setting is within an 18th century landscape designed by Capability Brown. In 1910-1911, the bulk of the house was demolished. See RIBA150147 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE