Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Clock towers

View as Grid List
Sort by

Hallgrimskirkja, Skolavorduholt, Reykjavik, with the statue of Leifur Eircksson, by Alexander Stirling Calder in front

RIBA113497
Bjarnason, Horour
NOTES: This church was commissioned in 1937 but not begun until after Samuelsson's death. It was completed over the following 36 years by Horour Bjarnason and Garoar Halldorsson. The structure is in concrete, designed to resemble columnar basalt formations. The statue of the Viking Leifur Eir+¡ksson (said to be the first European to stumble across America 500 years before Columbus) was designed by the American artist Alexander Stirling Calder. It was a present from the US to commemorate the 1000 year anniversary of Al+¥ingi, the parliament of Iceland, which was first convened at Pingvellir in the year 930 AD.

Red City Hall, Rathausstrasse, Berlin

RIBA113567
Waesemann, Hermann Friedrich (1813-1879)

Church of San Francesca Romana (Santa Maria Nuova), via dei Fori Imperali, Rome, with the Colosseum behind

RIBA113636
Lambardi, Carlo (1559-1620)
NOTES: The church was founded in the 9th century, its apse partly built into the ruins of Hadrian's Temple of Venus and Rome to the east. The campanile was built in the 12th century when the church was enlarged. The late Renaissance facade dates from 1615 by Carlo Lambardi.

Number 1 Poultry, City of London: the clocktower

RIBA113762
James Stirling Michael Wilford & Associates
NOTES: No.1 Poultry was designed in 1988 by James Stirling and built after his death by his architectural partner Michael Wilford in 1994-1998.

Number 1 Poultry, City of London: the clocktower

RIBA113763
James Stirling Michael Wilford & Associates
NOTES: No.1 Poultry was designed in 1988 by James Stirling and built after his death by his architectural partner Michael Wilford in 1994-1998.

Palazzo Senatorio, Piazza Campidoglio, Rome, with the Palazzo Nuovo on the left and the Palazzo Conservatori (just seen) on the right

RIBA114113
Della Porta, Giacomo (1538-1602)
NOTES: This image is from an album of postcards of views of Rome, entitled 'Roma', probably dating from the late 1890s or early 1900s. The Palazzo Senatorio (seat of the Mayor of Rome) is 1592 by della Porta. The Palazzo Nuovo (on the left), which houses part of the Capitoline Museum, was built 1603-1654 by Girolamo Rainaldi and his son Carlo Rainaldi to Michelangelo's design of 1536. It is a mirror-image of the Palazzo dei Conservatori on the right, built 1564-1575 by Giacomo della Porta, also to Michelangelo's design.

All Saints Church, Pilgrim Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the clock tower

RIBA114520
Stephenson, David (1757-1819)
NOTES: The church was deconsecrated in 1961 and converted into offices by Pearce Howe Murray in 1981-1984. It is now used for worship by the Old Catholic Church as St Willibrord with All Saints.

All Saints Church, Pilgrim Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the clock tower and portico

RIBA114521
Stephenson, David (1757-1819)
NOTES: The church was deconsecrated in 1961 and converted into offices by Pearce Howe Murray in 1981-1984. It is now used for worship by the Old Catholic Church as St Willibrord with All Saints.

All Saints Church, Pilgrim Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, seen from the churchyard with the Tyne Bridge in the background

RIBA114522
Stephenson, David (1757-1819)
NOTES: The church was deconsecrated in 1961 and converted into offices by Pearce Howe Murray in 1981-1984. It is now used for worship by the Old Catholic Church as St Willibrord with All Saints.

All Saints Church, Pilgrim Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, seen from the churchyard

RIBA114523
Stephenson, David (1757-1819)
NOTES: The church was deconsecrated in 1961 and converted into offices by Pearce Howe Murray in 1981-1984. It is now used for worship by the Old Catholic Church as St Willibrord with All Saints.
Close
)
CLOSE