NOTES: Opened in 1930 by Oscar Deutsch & Associates, this cinema was taken into the Odeoen circuit in 1935. It closed as an Odeon in 1969 and reopened the same year as a bingo hall. It closed again in 1997 and reopened in 2002 as Royal Suite for banquets.
NOTES: Incorporating the former Premier Electric cinema as entrance hall, cafe and lounge area, this cinema was taken over by the Provincial Cinematograph Theatres Ltd (PCT) in 1929. It was renamed Gaumont in 1952 and closed as a cinema in 1963. It reopened as a Top Rank Club for bingo, later renamed Mecca, which closed in 2005. In spite of being a fine example of an early cinema, it was never designated listed status and was demolished in 2009.
NOTES: Opened by London & Southern and controlled by Odeon, this cinema was forced to close due to bomb damage incurred during the Blitz of December 1940. It reopened in late 1941, renamed Odeon. It closed as a cinema in 1961. It was then reconstructed internally for Top Rank Bowl. It was sold in 1969 to Safeway and demolished to make way for an eponymous supermarket.
NOTES: Closed as an Odeon in 1967 and taken over by Classic, this cinema was subdivided for stalls bingo and a new balcony cinema in 1973. It closed definitively in 1996 and was demolished in 2002. A block of flats and retail units was built on the site in 2005.
NOTES: Closed as an Odeon and taken over by Classic in 1972, this cinema definitively closed in 2002. The building was converted into 'The Old Cinema Bed and Sofa Store' which opened in 2004. The original exterior remains intact and most of the interior decoration has been retained.