Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Churches

View as Grid List
Sort by

Design for the west elevation of a cathedral

RIBA3957
Foreman & Cameron
NOTES: Foreman & Cameron have been identified as the architects of St Mary's Roman Catholic Church in Calton, Glasgow, which was opened on 15 August 1842 (as described in 'The Tablet', 27 August 1842). It and its presbytery are the only buildings so far associated with this practice. The drawing illustrated here was perhaps a proposed design for the west end of St Mary's. Renovations took place in the 1860s and then extensive alterations in 1877 by Goldie & Childe (who seem to have been subsequently thought to have been the original architects).

Church of St Mary, Studley Royal, North Yorkshire: the ornately decorated vaulted chancel and choir

RIBA4011
Burges, William (1827-1881)
NOTES: This church was built for the 1st Marchioness of Ripon.

Church of the Holy Trinity, Prince Consort Road, London

RIBA4037
Bodley, George Frederick (1827-1907)
NOTES: Work on the construction of the church commenced in 1901 and was completed in 1907.

Design for the extension of the east end of the Church of St Bartholomew, Brighton

RIBA4065
Wilson, Henry (1864-1934)
NOTES: Designed by Edmund E. Scott in Byzantine Revival style, the body of this church was completed by 1874, although it has no aisles and the chancel was never built. After Scott's death until 1910, Henry Wilson was responsible for the interior decoration.

Kettle's Yard, Northampton Street, Cambridge

RIBA4409
Aldridge, Rowland de Winton (b.1906)
NOTES: Kettle's Yard museum was created by Jim and Helen Ede from 1957-1973, out of four derelict Georgian cottages. The initial work on the house was by architect Rowland de Winton Aldridge in 1957, but the exhibition spaces were added by Sir Leslie Martin and David Owers in 1969-1970. The whole house museum has been refurbished by Jamie Fobert Architects in 2018. The cottage and the 1970s extension by Martin was retained, as well as the Victorian facade on Castle Street. Everything in between was demolished, including a later extension by Martin from the 1980s.
Close
)
CLOSE