Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Churches

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Mary's Church, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire: detail of the north-central war memorial stained glass window commemorating the First World War

RIBA138507
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne. This is one of three war memorial windows (1919-1920) made by the firm of Curtis Ward & Hughes.

St Mary's Church, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire: detail of the north-central war memorial stained glass window commemorating the First World War

RIBA138508
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne. This is one of three war memorial windows (1919-1920) made by the firm of Curtis Ward & Hughes.

St Mary's Church, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire: detail of the north-west war memorial stained glass window commemorating the First World War

RIBA138509
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne. This is one of three war memorial windows (1919-1920) made by the firm of Curtis Ward & Hughes.

St Mary's Church, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire: detail of the north-west war memorial stained glass window commemorating the First World War

RIBA138510
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne. This is one of three war memorial windows (1919-1920) made by the firm of Curtis Ward & Hughes.

St Mary's Church, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire: the west tower

RIBA138511
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne.

St Mary's Church, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire: the west tower showing the Norman octagon seen from below

RIBA138512
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne.
)
CLOSE