Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Church fittings

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Mary the Virgin, Great Warley, Essex: the nave

RIBA6767
Reynolds-Stephens, Sir William (1862-1943)
NOTES: This church, built for Evelyn Heseltine, was designed by Charles Harrison Townsend while William Reynolds-Stephens was responsible for the Art Nouveau interiors in the English Arts and Crafts manner.

St Mary the Virgin, Great Warley, Essex: detail of the walnut parclose with the beaten metal pulpit and lectern beyond

RIBA6768
Reynolds-Stephens, Sir William (1862-1943)
NOTES: This church, built for Evelyn Heseltine, was designed by Charles Harrison Townsend while William Reynolds-Stephens was responsible for the Art Nouveau interiors in the English Arts and Crafts manner.

St Mary the Virgin, Great Warley, Essex: the beaten metal lectern and chancel screen

RIBA6769
Reynolds-Stephens, Sir William (1862-1943)
NOTES: This church, built for Evelyn Heseltine, was designed by Charles Harrison Townsend while William Reynolds-Stephens was responsible for the Art Nouveau interiors in the English Arts and Crafts manner.

St Mary the Virgin, Great Warley, Essex: detail of the decoration on the organ case

RIBA6771
Reynolds-Stephens, Sir William (1862-1943)
NOTES: This church, built for Evelyn Heseltine, was designed by Charles Harrison Townsend while William Reynolds-Stephens was responsible for the Art Nouveau interiors in the English Arts and Crafts manner.

St Mary the Virgin, Lindsell, Essex: the Norman arcading in the nave

RIBA6775
NOTES: The nave and chancel are of Norman construction while the tower was added, unusually to the south-west end, in the 16th century.

St Mary the Virgin, Tilty, Essex: the chancel with Decorated tracery window

RIBA6788
NOTES: This was built as a chapel in the 12th century at the gate of the Cistercian Abbey of Tilty. The chancel was added in 1330. The chapel was adapted as a parish church in the 16th century.

St Mary the Virgin, Tilty, Essex: the altar rail and sedilia in the chancel

RIBA6789
NOTES: This was built as a chapel in the 12th century at the gate of the Cistercian Abbey of Tilty. The chancel was added in 1330. The chapel was adapted as a parish church in the 16th century.

St Mary, Attleborough, Norfolk: the chancel dominated by the rood screen and remains of the frescoes above

RIBA6790
NOTES: The rood screen dates from c.1480 and was restored in 1932. The frescoes above the screen are c.1500.

St Peter and St Paul, East Harling, Norfolk: the nave with hammer-beam roof seen from the chancel

RIBA6794
NOTES: Construction on this church began c.1300 and was completed in Gothic style by 1450.

Church of St Peter, Great Walsingham, Norfolk: detail of a poppy-head bench end comprising carvings of mythical beasts

RIBA6797
NOTES: The church is mainly 14th century with some later additions. The original chancel was demolished some time in the 16th century, but fragments remain. The porch was added in the 15th century and the interior fittings also date from then.

Church of St Peter, Great Walsingham, Norfolk: detail of a poppy-head bench end comprising carvings of mythical beasts

RIBA6798
NOTES: The church is mainly 14th century with some later additions. The original chancel was demolished some time in the 16th century, but fragments remain. The porch was added in the 15th century and the interior fittings also date from then.
)
CLOSE