Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Church fittings

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Lawrence, Didmarton, Gloucestershire: the nave with the three-decker pulpit

RIBA6700
NOTES: The style of this Medieval church is Early English while the fittings are Georgian.

St Lawrence, Mereworth, Kent

RIBA6724
NOTES: This church was built for John Fane, Earl of Westmorland, and its design has been attributed to Colen Campbell, James Gibbs, Thomas Archer and Roger Morris.

St Mary the Virgin, Iffley, Oxfordshire: the choir and base of the tower looking west from the chancel

RIBA6728
NOTES: The chancel was extended to the east in Early English style in the 1200s. The woodwork is Victorian.

All Saints, Shorthampton, Oxfordshire: the nave with Georgian box pews and two-decker pulpit and the remains of medieval wall paintings

RIBA6730
NOTES: The chancel was probably a 13th century addition to this simple 12th century church. The church fittings are 18th century Georgian.

St John the Baptist, Inglesham, Wiltshire

RIBA6749
Micklethwaite, John Thomas (1843-1906)
NOTES: This medieval church was restored in 1888-1889 by the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB) with the help of its founder William Morris. The architect was J. T. Micklethwaite.

St Mary Magdalene, Croome d'Abitot, Worcestershire: the nave looking west

RIBA6752
Adam, Robert (1728-1792)
NOTES: This Gothick style church was built in 1763 for the 6th Earl of Coventry who filled it with a collection of family monuments. The design of the exterior is attributed to Lancelot 'Capability' Brown and the interior to Robert Adam. The church, now redundant, forms part of the Croome Park National Trust Estate.

St Mary Magdalene, Croome d'Abitot, Worcestershire: the wooden Gothick pulpit with fine tracery bearers supporting the tester and the tomb of Thomas, 1st Lord Coventry, lord keeper (d.1639)

RIBA6753
Adam, Robert (1728-1792)
NOTES: This Gothick style church was built in 1763 for the 6th Earl of Coventry who filled it with a collection of family monuments. The design of the exterior is attributed to Lancelot 'Capability' Brown and the interior to Robert Adam. The church, now redundant, forms part of the Croome Park National Trust Estate.

Countess of Huntingdon's Chapel (now Huntingdon Hall), Deansway, Worcester: one of the two cast iron eagle lecterns flanking the pulpit

RIBA6757
NOTES: Selina, Countess of Huntingdon was the Founder of the Calvinistic / Methodist group known as the Countess of Huntingdon Connexion for which this chapel was built in 1804 (replacing a smaller chapel of 1771-1773), and enlarged in 1815. The chapel closed as a place of worship in 1976 and quickly fell into disrepair. It was rescued and converted into a concert venue by the Buttress Fuller Partnership in 1980-1987.
)
CLOSE