Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Church fittings

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Mary, Woburn, Bedfordshire

RIBA6678
Clutton, Henry (1819-1893)
NOTES: This church on the Bedford estate was designed for the 8th Duke of Bedford by the Bedford estate architect, Henry Clutton, in 1868.

St Andrew, East Hagbourne, Oxfordshire: corbel on the north chancel arch

RIBA6681
NOTES: This village church, built of cob, timber-framing and thatch, is mostly 14th and 15th century.

Holy Trinity, Theale, Berkshire

RIBA6685
Garbett, Edward William
NOTES: Garbett closely modelled this church on Salisbury Cathedral. It is considered an important example of the pre-Victorian church in Gothic Revival style.

St George's Chapel, Windsor: the organ loft seen from the nave

RIBA6686
Janyns, Henry (fl. 1453-1483)
NOTES: Construction on the chapel was begun by Edward IV in 1475 under the direction of the master mason, Henry Janyns, and was completed during the reign of Henry VIII in 1528. The present organ loft was built during restoration works in the reign of King George III. The design was by Henry Emlyn and sits on a screen constructed from an artificial stone called Coade.

St George's Chapel, Windsor: the choir

RIBA6688
Janyns, Henry (fl. 1453-1483)
NOTES: Construction on the chapel was begun by Edward IV in 1475 under the direction of the master mason, Henry Janyns, and was completed during the reign of Henry VIII in 1528. The choir and its aisles were completed in 1477-1483. The stone vaulting of the nave was completed in 1528.

St George's Chapel, Windsor: the Garter Stalls in the choir, each with the banner of the Garter Knight above

RIBA6689
Janyns, Henry (fl. 1453-1483)
NOTES: Construction on the chapel was begun by Edward IV in 1475 under the direction of the master mason, Henry Janyns, and was completed during the reign of Henry VIII in 1528. The choir and its aisles were completed in 1477-1483. Four extra Garter stalls were added to the choir in 1786 by George III.

St George's Chapel, Windsor: decorative pinnacles of the Garter Stalls in the choir

RIBA6690
Janyns, Henry (fl. 1453-1483)
NOTES: Construction on the chapel was begun by Edward IV in 1475 under the direction of the master mason, Henry Janyns, and was completed during the reign of Henry VIII in 1528. The choir and its aisles were completed in 1477-1483. Four extra Garter stalls were added to the choir in 1786 by George III.

St Michael and All Angels, Stewkley, Buckinghamshire: the nave looking towards the chancel

RIBA6694
Street, George Edmund (1824-1881)
NOTES: This church, built in 1150-1180, is one of the finest Norman churches in England, having undergone little alteration since its construction. It was restored by George Edmund Street in 1862.
)
CLOSE