Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Childrens' nurseries, playrooms

View as Grid List
Sort by

RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2): the children's room on the Sports Deck

RIBA24936
Dennis Lennon & Partners
NOTES: The QE2 was the flagship transatlantic liner for the Cunard Line from her launch in September 1969 until succeeded by the RMS Queen Mary 2 in 2004. James Gardner and Dennis Lennon were joint design co-ordinators for the liner. Lennon co-ordinated the group of interior designers while Gardner was responsible for the exterior styling and trim of the ship

Farnley Hey, Farnley Tyas, West Yorkshire: the workroom on the first floor with the first-floor terrace beyond

RIBA26086
Womersley, Peter (1923-1993)
NOTES: The first-floor terrace was designed to become a future children's wing.

Housing for the Soviet Trade Delegation, 44 Millfield Lane, Highgate, London: the nursery linking the flats (left) and the assembly hall (right)

RIBA47044
Lyons, Eric Alfred (1912-1980)
NOTES: The scheme comprised 36 flats with an assembly hall and nursery.

Shottery Manor House, Stratford-upon-Avon, looking from the night nursery into the day nursery

RIBA52371
Yorke, Francis Reginald Stevens (1906-1962)
NOTES: The house was restored and remodelled with a wing containing nursery accommodation and guest bedroom on the first floor and kitchens and a servants' hall on the ground floor. It is now the 6th form centre of the Stratford-upon-Avon Grammar School for Girls.

SS Oriana: first class Junior Club room with climbing frame designed by June Lyon

RIBA52966
Design Research Unit
NOTES: Built at Vickers-Armstrong, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, SS Oriana, launched in November 1959, was the last of the Orient Steam Navigation Company's ocean liners. Absorbed into P&O in 1960, she was retired from service in 1986. The naval architect was Charles F. Morris while the Design Research Unit co-cordinated the design of the public rooms.

SS Oriana: close-up of the teak climbing frame designed by June Lyon in the first class Junior Club room

RIBA52967
Design Research Unit
NOTES: Built at Vickers-Armstrong, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, SS Oriana, launched in November 1959, was the last of the Orient Steam Navigation Company's ocean liners. Absorbed into P&O in 1960, she was retired from service in 1986. The naval architect was Charles F. Morris while the Design Research Unit co-cordinated the design of the public rooms.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE