Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Children

View as Grid List
Sort by

School in Tioronda, New York: exterior perspective

RIBA21735
Withers, Frederick Clarke (1828-1901)
NOTES: This is a photograph of an original drawing.

Rental housing, Dreghorn, Strathcylde

RIBA23379
Irvine Development Corporation
NOTES: Dreghorn was the infill site east of Irvine used to maintain the 1970-71 housing programme before the start of the development of Irvine, Scotland's fifth new town.

Housing in the south-west area of Peterlee: a courtyard with play area with a play sculpture designed by Peter Daniel

RIBA23405
Daniel, Peter
NOTES: Peterlee New Town in County Durham was founded in 1948. The Peterlee Development Corporation, established that year under the direction of A. V. Williams, was responsible for its development over several decades. R. J. A. Gazzard was the chief architect responsible for this phase of the development while Daniel, Dixon were responsible for the design of the housing and Pasmore for the landscaping.

Onlookers by the lake watch the construction of Thamesmead, Greenwich, London

RIBA23422
Greater London Council. Department of Architecture & Civic Design
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 8: Housing' in Architectural Review, vol. 148, September 1970. Thamesmead was planned in 1965-1966 as a new town on the riverside marshes of south-east London between Plumstead and Erith. It was scheduled for completion in 1974 but was never fully finished and the projected population of 60,000 for the new town was downgraded to 45,000 by the end of the 1970s. From then around 400 houses were being built annually and by 1982, the population stood at 20,000. Since 2014 the managment and regeneration of the area has come under the aegis of Peabody.

Bridge across Yarnton Way, Lesnes / Southmere, Thamesmead, Greenwich, London

RIBA23425
Greater London Council. Department of Architecture & Civic Design
NOTES: Thamesmead was planned in 1965-1966 as a new town on the riverside marshes of south-east London between Plumstead and Erith. It was scheduled for completion in 1974 but was never fully finished and the projected population of 60,000 for the new town was downgraded to 45,000 by the end of the 1970s. From then around 400 houses were being built annually and by 1982, the population stood at 20,000. Since 2014 the managment and regeneration of the area has come under the aegis of Peabody.

Nursery school, Bensham, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear

RIBA24260
Welch Cachemaille-Day & Lander

Saints Peter and Paul Home for Babies, Bellingham, Catford, London: one of the four day nurseries

RIBA24290
Cachemaille-Day, Nugent Francis (1896-1976)
NOTES: This was built for the Church of England Waif and Strays Society and designed for 39 babies and some 3 year olds.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE