Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Chapels

View as Grid List
Sort by

St George's Chapel, Windsor: the choir

RIBA6688
Janyns, Henry (fl. 1453-1483)
NOTES: Construction on the chapel was begun by Edward IV in 1475 under the direction of the master mason, Henry Janyns, and was completed during the reign of Henry VIII in 1528. The choir and its aisles were completed in 1477-1483. The stone vaulting of the nave was completed in 1528.

St George's Chapel, Windsor: the Garter Stalls in the choir, each with the banner of the Garter Knight above

RIBA6689
Janyns, Henry (fl. 1453-1483)
NOTES: Construction on the chapel was begun by Edward IV in 1475 under the direction of the master mason, Henry Janyns, and was completed during the reign of Henry VIII in 1528. The choir and its aisles were completed in 1477-1483. Four extra Garter stalls were added to the choir in 1786 by George III.

St George's Chapel, Windsor: decorative pinnacles of the Garter Stalls in the choir

RIBA6690
Janyns, Henry (fl. 1453-1483)
NOTES: Construction on the chapel was begun by Edward IV in 1475 under the direction of the master mason, Henry Janyns, and was completed during the reign of Henry VIII in 1528. The choir and its aisles were completed in 1477-1483. Four extra Garter stalls were added to the choir in 1786 by George III.

St Mary, Warwick: the Beauchamp Chapel

RIBA6744
NOTES: The Beauchamp Chapel was begun in 1443, completed in 1464 and consecrated in 1475.

St Nicholas, Bromham, Wiltshire: the south chapel

RIBA6745
NOTES: The chancel and nave of this church are Norman, dating from the 12th century. Work on the south chapel in Perpendicular style began in 1492. The upper part of the south tower was rebuilt in 1510.

St Nicholas, Bromham, Wiltshire: detail of the decorative turretted stonework of the south chapel

RIBA6746
NOTES: The chancel and nave of this church are Norman, dating from the 12th century. Work on the south chapel in Perpendicular style began in 1492. The upper part of the south tower was rebuilt in 1510.

Chapel of St John the Evangelist in the White Tower, Tower of London

RIBA6863
NOTES: Built in the 1080s for William the Conqueror by Gandalf, Bishop of Rochester, this chapel was where the royal family and the court worshipped and where the knights of the Order of the Bath spent their vigil the night before a coronation.

Chapel Royal of St Peter- ad -Vincula, Tower Green, Tower of London: memorial tomb to Sir John Holland, Duke of Exeter, and a Constable of the Tower (d. 1447)

RIBA6864
NOTES: This chapel has been the parish church of the Tower of London since 1520 and is a Royal Peculiar. It is probably best known as the burial place of some of the most famous prisoners executed on Tower Green.

Harrow School, London: the chapel

RIBA7031
Scott, Sir George Gilbert (1811-1878)
Close
)
CLOSE