NOTES: The present church is thought to date back to the 10-11th century. although there was a monastery on the site from 705. It was converted into a school and cottage in the 18th century and largely forgotten, until rediscovered in 1856. It was later restored to ecclesiastical use from 1874-1880
NOTES: Completed at the end of the 13th century by the wool merchant, Lawrence of Ludlow, this is an important example of one of the earliest fortified houses of England. The gatehouse was added in 1640.