NOTES: This Benedictine abbey was consecrated in 1180. The walls and windows of the upper storey of the abbey were remodelled at the beginning of the 14th century. It was dissolved in 1539 and served as the parish church thereafter.
NOTES: The original Benedictine monastery founded on this site in c. 657 fell to Viking attack in 867 and was abandoned. It was re-founded in 1087 and a new abbey was built during the 13th and 14th centuries. It was dissolved in 1540 and abandoned.