Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Castles

View as Grid List
Sort by

Swansea Castle: the hall-parlour range

RIBA148850
NOTES: The hall-parlour range dates from the late 13th century with the arcaded parapet added c. 1332. See RIBA148850 for a black and white version of this image.

Swansea Castle: the hall-parlour range

RIBA148851
NOTES: The hall-parlour range dates from the late 13th century with the arcaded parapet added c. 1332. See RIBA148851 for a colour version of this image.

Hensol Castle, Pendoylan, Glamorgan: the porte cochere on the south front

RIBA149337
Brandon, David (1813-1897)
NOTES: The castle possibly began in 1735, when the owner William Talbot M.P. later second Baron Talbot of Hensol added the east and west wings in a very early Gothic Revival style. The south front seen here was remodelled between 1790-1815 by the second owner Samuel Richardson. In the 1840s, the castle was remodelled again by T. H. Wyatt and David Brandson for Rowland Fothergill who acquired the castle in 1838.

Hensol Castle, Pendoylan, Glamorgan: the south front with the earlier west wing on the left

RIBA149338
Brandon, David (1813-1897)
NOTES: The castle possibly began in 1735, when the owner William Talbot M.P. later second Baron Talbot of Hensol added the east and west wings in a very early Gothic Revival style. The south front seen here was remodelled between 1790-1815 by the second owner Samuel Richardson. In the 1840s, the castle was remodelled again by T. H. Wyatt and David Brandson for Rowland Fothergill who acquired the castle in 1838.

Hensol Castle, Pendoylan, Glamorgan: detail of the porte cochere and central tower on the south front

RIBA149339
Brandon, David (1813-1897)
NOTES: The castle possibly began in 1735, when the owner William Talbot M.P. later second Baron Talbot of Hensol added the east and west wings in a very early Gothic Revival style. The south front seen here was remodelled between 1790-1815 by the second owner Samuel Richardson. In the 1840s, the castle was remodelled again by T. H. Wyatt and David Brandson for Rowland Fothergill who acquired the castle in 1838.

Castillo de los Tres del Morro, Havana

RIBA155406
Antonelli, Battista (1547-1616)
NOTES: The castle was begun in 1589 and not completed until 1630 by Cristobal de Roda Antonelli (his nephew). See rIBA146212 for a black and white version of this image.

Castillo de los Tres del Morro, Havana

RIBA155407
Antonelli, Battista (1547-1616)
NOTES: The castle was begun in 1589 and not completed until 1630 by Cristobal de Roda Antonelli (his nephew). See RIBA146214 for a black and white version of this image.

Castillo de los Tres del Morro, Havana: the dry moat

RIBA155408
Antonelli, Battista (1547-1616)
NOTES: The castle was begun in 1589 and not completed until 1630 by Cristobal de Roda Antonelli (his nephew). See RIBA146215 for a black and white version of this image.

Castillo de los Tres del Morro, Havana: stone plaque commemorating the defence of the fortress in 1762

RIBA155409
Antonelli, Battista (1547-1616)
NOTES: The castle was begun in 1589 and not completed until 1630 by Cristobal de Roda Antonelli (his nephew). See RIBA146216 for a black and white version of this image.

Castillo de los Tres del Morro, Havana

RIBA155410
Antonelli, Battista (1547-1616)
NOTES: The castle was begun in 1589 and not completed until 1630 by Cristobal de Roda Antonelli (his nephew). See RIBA146217 for a black and white version of this image.

Fortaleza de San Carlos de la Cabana, Havana

RIBA155416
NOTES: Begun 1763 and completed 1774. It replaced earlier and less extensive fortifications and was considered the second largest colonial military installation in the New World. See RIBA146303 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE