Sort by Position Name: A to Z Created on Name: Z to A Price: Low to High Price: High to Low
NOTES: The building was burnt down in 1921.
NOTES: The relief above the arches, depicting a hunting scene, and the Toby Jug figure in the niche, called the 'Provost', date respectively from the 17th and 18th centuries.
NOTES: This drawing is in a sketchbook compiled by Repton (1798 to circa 1805) while working in the office of John Nash.
NOTES: This large symmetrical mock castle, begun in 1811 for the first Earl Somers, is an early work of Sir Robert Smirke and an early example of Norman Revival style.
NOTES: The keep was built between 1612 and 1621 in a medievalizing style and probably designed by Robert and John Smythson. Additional ranges c. 1627-42 were by John Smythson and c. 1635-42 probably by Huntingdon Smythson.
NOTES: The lodge was in the grounds of a mansion which has been demolished.