NOTES: Founded in the 12th century, this church is often called the 'Cathedral of the Cotswolds'. The chancel survives from the 13th and 14th centuries while the south porch giving access to the market square, was added in 1490. The remodelling of the church in Perpendicular style was completed in 1520.
NOTES: The original house was built by Henry Clutton in 1863. It was rebuilt by Clutton in 1875-1879 after fire damage in 1873. It was bought by Lord Melchett in 1911and further re-modelled in 1912-1914 by Darcy Braddell.