NOTES: Incorporating the former Premier Electric cinema as entrance hall, cafe and lounge area, this cinema was taken over by the Provincial Cinematograph Theatres Ltd (PCT) in 1929. It was renamed Gaumont in 1952 and closed as a cinema in 1963. It reopened as a Top Rank Club for bingo, later renamed Mecca, which closed in 2005. In spite of being a fine example of an early cinema, it was never designated listed status and was demolished in 2009.
NOTES: The shelter consisted of a concrete canopy supported on slender steel columns, with provision made for cover, toilets and kiosk. It was designed to be one small element in a network of interacting structures positioned along the main pedestrian thoroughfares of the zoo. However, other elements in the scheme were abandoned as Tecton's main supporter on the zoo council, Julian Huxley, became increasingly isolated from his colleagues. Once Huxley had resigned the Zoological Society took the opportunity to demolish the structure.
NOTES: This was the third middle school (for 8 to 12 year-olds) built for the Hampshire education department. The steel-framed building located next to a 90-acre wood has class bases along one side and offices and service spaces along the other. The middle school system was abandoned in Hampshire in 1994 and this school became Queen's Inclosure Primary School.