NOTES: Fradley Junction is where the Coventry Canal joins the Trent and Mersey Canal. Both canals were engineered by James Brindley.
NOTES: The building, designed by Sanmicheli just before his death, was later built by Gian Giacomo Bergamasco. It houses the Court of Appeal.
NOTES: The bridge name was given by Lord Byron in the 19th century.
NOTES: This photograph is dated between 1860 and 1875.
NOTES: The Ca' Foscari was begun in 1452. The Ca' Rezzonico was built 1667-1682 by Baldassare Longhena and later modified (with an upper storey added) by Giorgio Massari in 1751-1756.