Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Cafeterias

View as Grid List
Sort by

La Butte-Rouge garden city, Chatenay-Malabry: flats on the corner of place Francois-Simiand, with a cafe on the ground floor

RIBA101820
Sirvin, Paul (1871-1977)
NOTES: La Butte-Rouge is one the biggest interwar social mass housing schemes in the environs of Paris. Situated 12 km south of the city, it was the brainchild of Henri Sellier, director of the Office public d'habitations de la Siene. Originally conceived in 1919 by the architects Joseph Bassompiere and Paul de Rutte as part of the Paris extension plan, construction didn't start until 1929, continued up till the mid 1930s and did not resume until after the second world war. Although influenced by the early garden city movement, the layout here was made more formal with a hierarchy of roadways and public squares. Planting was important and the landscape architect responsible for the overall scheme was Andre Riousse, with the architect Paul Sirvin helping to implement the designs of Bassompiere and de Rutte.

La Butte-Rouge garden city, Chatenay-Malabry: flats on the corner of place Francois-Simiand, with a cafe on the ground floor

RIBA101821
Sirvin, Paul (1871-1977)
NOTES: La Butte-Rouge is one the biggest interwar social mass housing schemes in the environs of Paris. Situated 12 km south of the city, it was the brainchild of Henri Sellier, director of the Office public d'habitations de la Siene. Originally conceived in 1919 by the architects Joseph Bassompiere and Paul de Rutte as part of the Paris extension plan, construction didn't start until 1929, continued up till the mid 1930s and did not resume until after the second world war. Although influenced by the early garden city movement, the layout here was made more formal with a hierarchy of roadways and public squares. Planting was important and the landscape architect responsible for the overall scheme was Andre Riousse, with the architect Paul Sirvin helping to implement the designs of Bassompiere and de Rutte.

Oscar Niemeyer Museum, Curitiba: the entrance area and cafe

RIBA105341
Niemeyer, Oscar (1907-2012)
NOTES: The first building was designed by Oscar Niemeyer in 1967, and conceived as an educational institute. It was remodelled as a museum in 2002, for which Niemeyer designed the annex, reminiscent of an eye.

Insititute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) Gallery, Nash House, Carlton Terrace, The Mall, London: the cafeteria servery

RIBA106871
Fry Drew & Partners
NOTES: Following support from the Arts Council, the ICA (Institute of Contemporary Arts) moved from premises at 15-17 Dover Street, Mayfair, to these purpose-built premises at Nash House in 1968.

Insititute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) Gallery, Nash House, Carlton Terrace, The Mall, London: the cafeteria

RIBA106873
Fry Drew & Partners
NOTES: Following support from the Arts Council, the ICA (Institute of Contemporary Arts) moved from premises at 15-17 Dover Street, Mayfair, to these purpose-built premises at Nash House in 1968.

Bedford Midland Railway Station: the cafeteria

RIBA109254
British Rail. London Midland Region. Architects Department

Brunel Centre, Swindon, Wiltshire

RIBA110085
Building Design Partnership
NOTES: The Brunel Centre was developed over nearly a decade (1970-1979). Stages 1-4 by Douglas Stephen & Partners were constructed from 1970-1976. In 1973 Douglas Stephen was joined by Building Design Partnership, who completed the project (stages 5-8) including the David Murray John Building, comprising 64 flats and maisonettes, and 3716 square metres of office space.

Elswick Leisure Park, Elswick Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the swimming pool cafeteria

RIBA110340
Napper Collerton Partnership
NOTES: Elswick Park was orignally the grounds of the Georgian Elswick Hall. Donated to the city in 1881 it served the recreational needs of west Newcastle up till the late 1970s when owing to the deterioration of the area, the City embarked on a regeneration programme. This included the demolition of the old Elslwick Hall with the provision of a new swimming pool on the site and the building of a new pavilion to serve outdoor sporting activities in the park and to act as a community centre for the neighbourhood.
Close
)
CLOSE