NOTES: County Hall, designed by Ralph Knott in 1911 and completed in 1922, was the headquarters of London County Council, which became the Greater London Council (GLC) in 1965. It remained the seat of local government until the GLC was abolished in 1986. Marks & Barfield designed the London Eye in 2000 for the Millennium celebrations.
NOTES: This image is one of many taken by Ivy de Wolfe, the pseudonym of Hazel de Cronin Hastings, of Italian subjects. Many of these appeared in the book 'The Italian Townscape' by Ivor de Wolfe (London: Architectural Press, 1963).