NOTES: Henry Hoare II, a banker who had been on the Grand Tour, inherited Stourhead in 1741and was largely responsible for the design of the gardens. He employed Henry Flitcroft to design many of the garden buildings in the 1740s. The River Stour was dammed to form the great lake and was completed in 1757. The Pantheon, also designed by Henry Flitcroft, was built in 1756.
NOTES: This bridge was built as part of a new by-pass to the small town of Wansford on the Great North Road (A1). It was formerly in the county of Huntingdonshire, located near to Peterborough and was known as Wansford Bridge.