NOTES: Built for the 'Society for Improving the Conditions of the Labouring Classes', this block consisted of two four-storey buildings providing accommodation for 20 families and 128 single women. Badly bomb-damaged during the Blitz of World War II, the buildings were subsequently demolished.
NOTES: This church was gutted during the Blitz of 1940 during World War II. The remaining walls of Portland stone were taken down in 1964-1965, shipped to Fulton, Missouri, USA, and re-erected at Westminster College, Fulton. A small planted garden now marks the sunken remains of the original church.