SOURCE: Edwin Clark. The Britannia and Conway tubular bridges (London, 1850), plates vol., pl. VI NOTES: This tubular bridge of wrought iron rectangular box-section carrying rail traffic spanned the Menai Strait between the Island of Anglesey and the mainland Wales at Bangor. Damaged by fire in 1970, it was rebuilt as a two-tier steel truss arch bridge, carrying both road and rail traffic.
SOURCE: E. W. Cooke. Views of the old and new London bridges (London, 1833), pl. 5 NOTES: This bridge of five stone arches was built in 1825-1831 upstream from the old bridge by Sir John Rennie to his late father's designs.
NOTES: Francis Egerton, the third and last Duke of Bridgewater, commissioned James Brindley to build Duke's Dock as a general terminal warehouse for the unloading of the canal barges from the Bridgewater Canal near the centre of Liverpool. It opened in 1773 and was further extended in the 1790s.
NOTES: Part of the Port of London and built in 1825-1828 by the St Katharine Dock Company, this was the smallest group of London's enclosed docks. Thomas Telford engineered the docks while Philip Hardwick designed the quayside warehouses.