NOTES: The warehouses, old stable and canal outbuildings were constructed in 1774 as part of the Leeds to Liverpool Canal. By the late 1960s the majority of the buildings were derelict. They were preserved and converted into shops and a restaurant as part of a regeneration project in 1971.
NOTES: This print was produced to advertise the sale of Fonthill Pavilion by auction in London and was probably the frontispiece to the sale catalogue. The Pavilion was the last remaining structure relating to William Beckford's Palladian mansion Fonthill Splendens, which was replaced with Fonthill Abbey by his son in the late 1700s. See also RIBA31488 for a coloured version of this print.