NOTES: The House of Falkland was designed by William Burn in 1838-1844 for Onesiphorus Tyndall-Bruce. In 1887 it was bought by the third Marquess of Bute, who employed Robert Weir Schultz to transform the interior, the alterations being carried out between 1890-1900.
NOTES: A grand house originallly built in 1865 for Henry Angas, a grocer. It was considerably altered by Temple Moore in 1882-1887 for the new owner Harrison Holt, which included a billiard room and a drawing room. The house was further extended in the 'Elizabethan style' in 1898 by a local firm George Shepherdson, possibly to the designs of Moore.