NOTES: The Daubeny Building was part of a new quadrangle intended for Magdalen College designed by William Townesend in 1733. It was left incomplete at his death, and later refaced in 1826 by Thomas Harrison. It was added to in 1848, 1902 and in 1910 with a wing called The Vines. Originally laboratories, it was converted into bedsitters and a library in 1974 by Ivor Smith and Cailey Hutton.
NOTES: This bed was probably seen in the Palazzo Reale di Capodimonte (now a museum) which was Joachim Murat's home during the period he was the Napoleonic King of Naples (1808-1815). This drawing is in a small Italian sketchbook, dated 'Napoli, April 17, 1815', from Cockerell's Grand Tour of the eastern Mediterranean and Italy between 1810 and 1817.