NOTES: This house, completely furnished and equipped, was presented to King George V as a Silver Jubilee gift from the Royal Warrant Holders' Association. C.B. Marshall's design was selected as a result of a competition and a full-size replica of the house was built and exhibited at the Ideal Home Exhibition, Olympia, in 1935. George V never lived to see the house at Burhill completed, the ownership of which passed to George VI.
NOTES: The Daubeny Building was part of a new quadrangle intended for Magdalen College designed by William Townesend in 1733. It was left incomplete at his death, and later refaced in 1826 by Thomas Harrison. It was added to in 1848, 1902 and in 1910 with a wing called The Vines. Originally laboratories, it was converted into bedsitters and a library in 1974 by Ivor Smith and Cailey Hutton.