Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Bandstands

View as Grid List
Sort by

The bandstand under construction, The Diamond, Port Sunlight

RIBA58780
Lomax-Simpson, James (1882-1977)
NOTES: The Ionic bandstand was originally erected near the north end of the Diamond. As part of the replanning of 1910 it was moved to the middle of the Diamond. It was demolished c.1932 to make way for a rose garden.

Building for the 1862 International Exhibition, Cromwell Road, London: perspective from the Royal Horticultural Society's gardens

RIBA68901
Fowke, Francis (1823-1865)
NOTES: The exhibition was held on a site where today can be found the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum. The building itself was not as popular as its 1851 predecessor, the Crystal Palace, and consequently it was demolished in 1864 and the materials sold off, later to be reused in the Alexandra Palace.

Town centre, Burslem, Staffordshire: the garden area with seat shelter and demountable bandstand to the left

RIBA76037
Black, Sir Misha (1910-1977)
NOTES: Burslem was chosen in 1958 by the Civic Trust for its second pilot experiment in civic design (the first being Magdalen Street, Norwich) for the rehabilitation of a run down city centre. The consultant architect was Misha Black who produced a scheme in collaboration with Anthony Wilkinson, John Piggott, the City Architect and James Plant the Reconstruction Officer, for a planned pedestrian area to include, a car park, lavatory and a seating area.

Savoy Hotel, Strand, London: the bandstand in the ballroom

RIBA79349
Stanley Hall Easton & Robertson

Designs for Montpellier Rotunda (or Pump Room) and for alterations and additions, Montpellier Spa, Cheltenham, for Henry Thompson Esq.: plan and elevation of the railings around the space for the orchestra

RIBA83914
Papworth, John Buonarotti (1775-1847)
NOTES: Montpellier Spa Long Room and colonnade were built in 1817 to designs by George Allen Underwood and in 1825-1826 J. B. Papworth added the Rotunda, inspired by the Pantheon in Rome. Today the Montpellier Rotunda is a bank.

Designs for Montpellier Rotunda (or Pump Room) and for alterations and additions, Montpellier Spa, Cheltenham, for Henry Thompson Esq.: plan and elevation of the orchestra podium

RIBA83915
Papworth, John Buonarotti (1775-1847)
NOTES: Montpellier Spa Long Room and colonnade were built in 1817 to designs by George Allen Underwood and in 1825-1826 J. B. Papworth added the Rotunda, inspired by the Pantheon in Rome. Today the Montpellier Rotunda is a bank.

Designs for Montpellier Rotunda (or Pump Room) and for alterations and additions, Montpellier Spa, Cheltenham, for Henry Thompson Esq.: plans, elevation and section of music stand

RIBA83916
Papworth, John Buonarotti (1775-1847)
NOTES: Montpellier Spa Long Room and colonnade were built in 1817 to designs by George Allen Underwood and in 1825-1826 J. B. Papworth added the Rotunda, inspired by the Pantheon in Rome. Today the Montpellier Rotunda is a bank.

Designs for Montpellier Rotunda (or Pump Room) and for alterations and additions, Montpellier Spa, Cheltenham, for Henry Thompson Esq.: elevation of the railings around the music platform

RIBA83917
Papworth, John Buonarotti (1775-1847)
NOTES: Montpellier Spa Long Room and colonnade were built in 1817 to designs by George Allen Underwood and in 1825-1826 J. B. Papworth added the Rotunda, inspired by the Pantheon in Rome. Today the Montpellier Rotunda is a bank.

Preliminary designs for unexecuted Bath Improvement Scheme: sketch for bandstand with arch

RIBA98439
Atkinson, Robert (1883-1952)
NOTES: Atkinson was commissioned by Bath council in 1915 to produce plans for a scheme of improvements to the city to improve their visitors' cultural experience. Straitened finances during the war - and the cost of implementing this scheme - meant nothing was done at the time and after the war was over the council's focus changed to housing and commercial development. The finished designs were published and exhibited at the Royal Academy of Arts to much acclaim in 1916.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE