NOTES: Although this drawing is neither signed, dated or placed this is obviously one of Busby's designs for Brighton or Hove developments, and most likely for the Brunswick Estate. This combined building does not seem to have been built.
NOTES: Built as a live theatre and cinema and opened in as the Winter Gardens in 1935, this cinema was taken over by Odeon in 1936. It was sold to the Hutchinson circuit in 1969 and renamed Astra. It closed definitively as a cinema in c.1986 and was demolished to make way for the residential development, Ormside Grange.
NOTES: Bonomi's measured sketches of details of this sumptuously decorated assembly room were possibly made on site. The building burnt down in 1792 and was rebuilt to a similar design. It was eventually demolished in 1937.
NOTES: Charles Fox, a pupil of Louis de Soissons, was commissioned in 1930 to re-design Lansdowne House, designed by Robert Adam in 1762-68, for use as a private club. He remodelled the mansion to incorporate social rooms and a sports area, including a swimming pool, squash courts, fencing Salle, cafe and bar in the basement. Sir Charles Allom, whose firm White Allom was responsible for the fitting out of the great Cunard liners Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth, was commissioned to decorate the Club in the 'Arte Moderne' style. It opened as a club on 1st May 1935.