Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Auction houses

View as Grid List
Sort by

Auction sale of pictures at Christie's, 125 Pall Mall, London

RIBA15426
SOURCE: R. Ackermann. The Microcosm of London (London, 1835), vol. I, pl. 6

Tattersall's, Hyde Park Corner, London: buyers participating in an auction in the enclosure

RIBA15502
SOURCE: R. Ackermann. The Microcosm of London (London, 1835), vol. III, pl. 83 NOTES: Richard Tattersall, a former groom to the 2nd Duke of Kingston, established himself as an auctioneer of 'horses, carriages, coach-harness, hounds & c.' in 1766 and opened premises near Hyde Park Turnpike soon afterwards.

Heffer & Sons Auctioneers, 17A East Parade, Leeds

RIBA16790
Corson, George (1829-1910)
SOURCE: Builder, vol. 21, 1863 June 13, p. 425

Design for the front entrance of Christie's auction house, 8 King Street, London

RIBA20389
Atkinson, Robert (1883-1952)
NOTES: Christie's building of 1893-1894 designed by J Macvicar Anderson was largely destroyed by an incendiary bomb during the Second World War. Atkinson's designs for the interior were carried out (completed in 1953), but Macvicar Anderson's facade survived the bombing and was retained.

Philips 2 West, Salem Street, London: the internal courtyard

RIBA77823
Campbell Zogolovitch Wilkinson & Gough

Sotheby's, New Bond Street, London: site plan with the proposed unexecuted showroom

RIBA88163
Denys Lasdun & Partners
NOTES: The original scheme was for a major refurbishment of Sotheby & Co's premises at 33-36 New Bond Street and 3-7 St George Street in 1972, which was abandoned in 1976, owing to planning restrictions on the development of listed buildings and the difficulties of Sotheby's finding alternative accommodation during rebuilding. In 1979 Sotheby's acquired the Aeolian Hall at 135-137 New Bond Street and 40-42 Bourdon Street. Denys Lasdun & Partners, later (from 1977) Denys Lasdun Redhouse & Softley, were retained for the second scheme, a refurbishment of the Aeolian Hall, which was completed in 1981.

Sotheby's, New Bond Street, London: model of the proposed unexecuted showroom

RIBA88164
Denys Lasdun & Partners
NOTES: The original scheme was for a major refurbishment of Sotheby & Co's premises at 33-36 New Bond Street and 3-7 St George Street in 1972, which was abandoned in 1976, owing to planning restrictions on the development of listed buildings and the difficulties of Sotheby's finding alternative accommodation during rebuilding. In 1979 Sotheby's acquired the Aeolian Hall at 135-137 New Bond Street and 40-42 Bourdon Street. Denys Lasdun & Partners, later (from 1977) Denys Lasdun Redhouse & Softley, were retained for the second scheme, a refurbishment of the Aeolian Hall, which was completed in 1981.

Designs for Sotheby's, New Bond Street, London: proposed elevations

RIBA99567
Denys Lasdun & Partners
NOTES: The original scheme was for a major refurbishment of Sotheby & Co's premises at 33-36 New Bond Street and 3-7 St George Street in 1972, which was abandoned in 1976, owing to planning restrictions on the development of listed buildings and the difficulties of Sotheby's finding alternative accommodation during rebuilding. In 1979 Sotheby's acquired the Aeolian Hall at 135-137 New Bond Street and 40-42 Bourdon Street. Denys Lasdun & Partners, later (from 1977) Denys Lasdun Redhouse & Softley, were retained for the second scheme, a refurbishment of the Aeolian Hall, which was completed in 1981.

Designs for the refurbishment of the Aeolian Hall, 135-137 New Bond Street and 40-42 Bourdon Street, London, for Sotheby & Co: book department, level +1, west wing

RIBA99568
Denys Lasdun Redhouse & Softley
NOTES: The original scheme was for a major refurbishment of Sotheby & Co's premises at 33-36 New Bond Street and 3-7 St George Street in 1972, which was abandoned in 1976, owing to planning restrictions on the development of listed buildings and the difficulties of Sotheby's finding alternative accommodation during rebuilding. In 1979 Sotheby's acquired the Aeolian Hall at 135-137 New Bond Street and 40-42 Bourdon Street. Denys Lasdun & Partners, later (from 1977) Denys Lasdun Redhouse & Softley, were retained for the second scheme, a refurbishment of the Aeolian Hall, which was completed in 1981.

Designs for the refurbishment of the Aeolian Hall, 135-137 New Bond Street and 40-42 Bourdon Street, London, for Sotheby & Co: book department, level +2, west wing

RIBA99569
Denys Lasdun Redhouse & Softley
NOTES: The original scheme was for a major refurbishment of Sotheby & Co's premises at 33-36 New Bond Street and 3-7 St George Street in 1972, which was abandoned in 1976, owing to planning restrictions on the development of listed buildings and the difficulties of Sotheby's finding alternative accommodation during rebuilding. In 1979 Sotheby's acquired the Aeolian Hall at 135-137 New Bond Street and 40-42 Bourdon Street. Denys Lasdun & Partners, later (from 1977) Denys Lasdun Redhouse & Softley, were retained for the second scheme, a refurbishment of the Aeolian Hall, which was completed in 1981.

Designs for the refurbishment of the Aeolian Hall, 135-137 New Bond Street and 40-42 Bourdon Street, London, for Sotheby & Co: Bloomfield Place elevation

RIBA99570
Denys Lasdun Redhouse & Softley
NOTES: The original scheme was for a major refurbishment of Sotheby & Co's premises at 33-36 New Bond Street and 3-7 St George Street in 1972, which was abandoned in 1976, owing to planning restrictions on the development of listed buildings and the difficulties of Sotheby's finding alternative accommodation during rebuilding. In 1979 Sotheby's acquired the Aeolian Hall at 135-137 New Bond Street and 40-42 Bourdon Street. Denys Lasdun & Partners, later (from 1977) Denys Lasdun Redhouse & Softley, were retained for the second scheme, a refurbishment of the Aeolian Hall, which was completed in 1981.
)
CLOSE