NOTES: The market town of Milton Abbas was demolished in its entirety by the Earl of Dochester between 1771 and 1790. He commissioned Capability Brown the plans for a new village, consisting mainly of cottages lining up the main street. The cottages were designed by Sir William Chambers.
NOTES: This three bedroom timber cottage was the winner of a competition for a timber cottage costing not more than +é-ú150 entered at the 1905 Cheap Cottage Exhibition at Letchworth. It has since been altered and extended.
NOTES: Occupying the site of an early Victorian lock-keeper's cottage on the Regent's Canal, this purpose-built research centre for the Humanities Department is dedicated for postgraduate use. It comprises small lecture rooms and a chill-out/relaxation space.
NOTES: The cottage seen here is possibly the same one depicted on f20 recto (see RIBA83352). This drawing is in a sketchbook compiled by Repton (1798 to circa 1805) while working in the office of John Nash.
NOTES: This drawing is from a small sketchbook serving as a record of work by Thomas Cundy between 1795 and 1820 apparently made by his son, Thomas Cundy junior, who worked in his practice and took over the practice at his father's death.
NOTES: Buscot was a model village designed by George & Peto for the owner of Buscot Park, Alexander Henderson, a financier, engineer and amateur painter, who was created Baron Faringdon in 1916. The village included cottages, a forge and a community room (parish hall). The village was laid out between 1892-1897.