SOURCE: Hermann Muthesius. Die Englische Baukunst der Gegenwart (Leipzig: Cosmos, 1900), pl. 87 NOTES: This house was built for the portraitist Frank Holl, A.R.A. (1845-88) and was demolished for the Tavistock Clinic c.1965.
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 8: Housing' in Architectural Review, vol. 148, 1970 Sep. In 1968 the photographer, painter, architect and designer, Humphrey Spender (1910-2005), commissioned Richard & Su Rogers to build this house and studio. It, together with the Rogers's house adjacent, was a prototype of a steel-framed house.