Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Art objects

View as Grid List
Sort by

Knole, Sevenoaks, Kent: a window corner of the Cartoon Gallery

RIBA38936
NOTES: The house was built by Thomas Bourchier, Archbishop of Canterbury, between 1456 and 1486. It passed into Royal possession in 1537 during the Dissolution. In 1566, Elizabeth I presented the house and estate to her cousin Thomas Sackville, 1st Earl of Dorset, who substantially remodelled the medieval palace between 1603 and 1608.

Villa Caldogno, Nordera Sacchetto, Caldogno: a contemporary art installation in the villa grounds

RIBA39855
Palladio, Andrea (1508-1580)
NOTES: This villa is attributed to Palladio, although it did not appear in his treatise 'I Quattro libri dell'architettura' of 1570. It was first attributed to Palladio by Lorenzo Muttoni in 1740; his involvement, considered to be in the 1540s, is confirmed by a plan sketch in the RIBA Library Drawings Collection. A Latin inscription on the facade dates the completion of the building to 1570, which probably refers to the completion of the interior decoration executed by Giambattista Zelotti and Giovanni Antonio Fasolo.

Villa Caldogno, Nordera Sacchetto, Caldogno: a contemporary art installation in the villa grounds

RIBA39862
Palladio, Andrea (1508-1580)
NOTES: This villa is attributed to Palladio, although it did not appear in his treatise 'I Quattro libri dell'architettura' of 1570. It was first attributed to Palladio by Lorenzo Muttoni in 1740; his involvement, considered to be in the 1540s, is confirmed by a plan sketch in the RIBA Library Drawings Collection. A Latin inscription on the facade dates the completion of the building to 1570, which probably refers to the completion of the interior decoration executed by Giambattista Zelotti and Giovanni Antonio Fasolo.

Santa Giulia City Museum, Brescia: gallery space in the Romanesque crypt of the basilica of San Salvatore

RIBA40313
Tortelli Frassoni Architetti Associati
NOTES: This museum, built on the ruins of Roman town houses, is located in the former female Benedictine monastery of San Salvatore-Giulia, founded in 753. It was acquired by Brescia town council in 1996 and converted into a museum by Giovanni Tortelli and Roberto Frassoni. It opened to the public in 2006. It comprises the Lombard church of San Salvatore and its crypt, the Romanesque church of Santa Maria in Solario, the Nuns' Choir, the sixteenth-century church of Santa Giulia and three Renaissance cloisters.

Santa Giulia City Museum, Brescia: gallery space in the Romanesque nun's chapel of Santa Maria in Solario with the tenth century reliquary cross of gold, pearls and semi-precious stones

RIBA40314
Tortelli Frassoni Architetti Associati
NOTES: This museum, built on the ruins of Roman town houses, is located in the former female Benedictine monastery of San Salvatore-Giulia, founded in 753. It was acquired by Brescia town council in 1996 and converted into a museum by Giovanni Tortelli and Roberto Frassoni. It opened to the public in 2006. It comprises the Lombard church of San Salvatore and its crypt, the Romanesque church of Santa Maria in Solario, the Nuns' Choir, the sixteenth-century church of Santa Giulia and three Renaissance cloisters.

Santa Giulia City Museum, Brescia: the tenth century reliquary cross of gold, pearls and semi-precious stones on display in the Romanesque nun's chapel of Santa Maria in Solario

RIBA40315
Tortelli Frassoni Architetti Associati
NOTES: This museum, built on the ruins of Roman town houses, is located in the former female Benedictine monastery of San Salvatore-Giulia, founded in 753. It was acquired by Brescia town council in 1996 and converted into a museum by Giovanni Tortelli and Roberto Frassoni. It opened to the public in 2006. It comprises the Lombard church of San Salvatore and its crypt, the Romanesque church of Santa Maria in Solario, the Nuns' Choir, the sixteenth-century church of Santa Giulia and three Renaissance cloisters.

Santa Giulia City Museum, Brescia: corner of the Nun's Choir

RIBA40318
Tortelli Frassoni Architetti Associati
NOTES: This museum, built on the ruins of Roman town houses, is located in the former female Benedictine monastery of San Salvatore-Giulia, founded in 753. It was acquired by Brescia town council in 1996 and converted into a museum by Giovanni Tortelli and Roberto Frassoni. It opened to the public in 2006. It comprises the Lombard church of San Salvatore and its crypt, the Romanesque church of Santa Maria in Solario, the Nuns' Choir, the sixteenth-century church of Santa Giulia and three Renaissance cloisters.

Santa Giulia City Museum, Brescia: the vaulted gallery space displaying Renaissance exhibits

RIBA40319
Tortelli Frassoni Architetti Associati
NOTES: This museum, built on the ruins of Roman town houses, is located in the former female Benedictine monastery of San Salvatore-Giulia, founded in 753. It was acquired by Brescia town council in 1996 and converted into a museum by Giovanni Tortelli and Roberto Frassoni. It opened to the public in 2006. It comprises the Lombard church of San Salvatore and its crypt, the Romanesque church of Santa Maria in Solario, the Nuns' Choir, the sixteenth-century church of Santa Giulia and three Renaissance cloisters.

Santa Giulia City Museum, Brescia: vaulted gallery space displaying Renaissance stonework

RIBA40320
Tortelli Frassoni Architetti Associati
NOTES: This museum, built on the ruins of Roman town houses, is located in the former female Benedictine monastery of San Salvatore-Giulia, founded in 753. It was acquired by Brescia town council in 1996 and converted into a museum by Giovanni Tortelli and Roberto Frassoni. It opened to the public in 2006. It comprises the Lombard church of San Salvatore and its crypt, the Romanesque church of Santa Maria in Solario, the Nuns' Choir, the sixteenth-century church of Santa Giulia and three Renaissance cloisters.

Santa Giulia City Museum, Brescia: the vaulted gallery space

RIBA40321
Tortelli Frassoni Architetti Associati
NOTES: This museum, built on the ruins of Roman town houses, is located in the former female Benedictine monastery of San Salvatore-Giulia, founded in 753. It was acquired by Brescia town council in 1996 and converted into a museum by Giovanni Tortelli and Roberto Frassoni. It opened to the public in 2006. It comprises the Lombard church of San Salvatore and its crypt, the Romanesque church of Santa Maria in Solario, the Nuns' Choir, the sixteenth-century church of Santa Giulia and three Renaissance cloisters.

Santa Giulia City Museum, Brescia: detail of the modern partitioning of the vaulted gallery space

RIBA40322
Tortelli Frassoni Architetti Associati
NOTES: This museum, built on the ruins of Roman town houses, is located in the former female Benedictine monastery of San Salvatore-Giulia, founded in 753. It was acquired by Brescia town council in 1996 and converted into a museum by Giovanni Tortelli and Roberto Frassoni. It opened to the public in 2006. It comprises the Lombard church of San Salvatore and its crypt, the Romanesque church of Santa Maria in Solario, the Nuns' Choir, the sixteenth-century church of Santa Giulia and three Renaissance cloisters.
)
CLOSE