Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Art Deco: Geometric Designs

Use of angular shapes, chevrons, zig-zags and lightning bolts.

View as Grid List
Sort by

Jean Luce ceramics shop, Exposition Internationale des Arts Decoratifs et Industriels Modernes, Paris 1925

RIBA16399
Sezille, L. P.
SOURCE: L.-P. Sezille. Devantures de boutiques (Paris, 1927), pl. 3

Bedroom for a young girl, Ambassade Francaise, Exposition Internationale des Arts Decoratifs et Industriels Modernes, Paris 1925

RIBA16457
Gabriel, Rene
SOURCE: Une Ambassade Francaise (Paris, 1925), pl. XXVI NOTES: The Ambassade Francaise was organised by the Societe des Artistes Decorateurs and consisted of twenty-five rooms arranged around a three-sided court.

Stair carpet design for a housing scheme, Berlin-Lankwitz: orange colourway

RIBA21454
Herrmann, Frederick Henry (1898-1983)
NOTES: This design dates from 1928-1931.

Design for an entrance hall in an embassy

RIBA69852
Mallet-Stevens, Robert (1886-1945)
SOURCE: Jean Badovici. Interieurs francais (Paris, 1925), pl. 9

Strand Palace Hotel, Westminster, London: the entrance foyer and steps

RIBA79347
Bernard, Oliver Percy (1881-1939)
NOTES: The Art Deco foyer shown here was by Oliver Bernard. It was replaced in 1969-1970 by Dennis Lennon & Partners, although some features were salvaged and acquired by the Victoria & Albert Museum.

Design for the river front of St Olaf House, Hay's Wharf, Tooley Street, Southwark, London

RIBA3086
Goodhart-Rendel, Harry Stuart (1887-1959)
NOTES: This head office building was commissioned by the Proprietors of Hay's Wharf, pioneers of cold storage, who controlled almost all the wharves on the South Bank between Tower Bridge and London Bridge from 1710-1969. The wharves closed in 1969 and the wharf buildings were eventually converted into a multi-purpose complex called the Hay's Galleria which opened in 1987. Goodhart-Rendel's building became the Consulting and Administration rooms for the London Bridge Hospital which opened in 1986.

Fabric shop called Impressions Paul Dumas, Exposition Internationale des Arts Decoratifs et Industriels Modernes, Paris 1925

RIBA16412
Herbst, Rene (1891-1982)
SOURCE: L.-P. Sezille. Devantures de boutiques (Paris, 1927), pl. 25 bottom

Woven fabric

RIBA16423
Crespi, Benigno
SOURCE: M. P. Verneuil. Etoffes & tapis etrangers : Exposition des Arts Decoratifs, Paris 1925 (Paris, 1925), pl. 20

Hall / winter garden, Ambassade Francaise, Exposition Internationale des Arts Decoratifs et Industriels Modernes, Paris 1925

RIBA16463
Mallet-Stevens, Robert (1886-1945)
SOURCE: Une Ambassade Francaise (Paris, 1925), pl. XLVI NOTES: The Ambassade Francaise was organised by the Societe des Artistes Decorateurs for the Exposition Internationale des Arts Decoratifs et Industriels Modernes, Paris 1925, and consisted of twenty-five rooms arranged around a three-sided court.

Lerryn, Convent Road, North Foreland, Kingsgate, Kent: close-up of the curved stone staircase

RIBA24106
Hill, Oliver (1887-1968)
NOTES: This house has been demolished.

St Olaf House, Hay's Wharf, Tooley Street, Southwark, London: detail of the staircase and handrail

RIBA24319
Goodhart-Rendel, Harry Stuart (1887-1959)
NOTES: This head office building was commissioned by the Proprietors of Hay's Wharf, pioneers of cold storage, who controlled almost all the wharves on the South Bank between Tower Bridge and London Bridge from 1710-1969. The wharves closed in 1969 and the wharf buildings were eventually converted into a multi-purpose complex called the Hay's Galleria which opened in 1987. Goodhart-Rendel's building became the Consulting and Administration rooms for the London Bridge Hospital which opened in 1986.
Close
)
CLOSE