NOTES: This Benedictine abbey was consecrated in 1180. The walls and windows of the upper storey of the abbey were remodelled at the beginning of the 14th century. It was dissolved in 1539 and served as the parish church thereafter.
NOTES: Considered an outstanding example of Norman and Early English architecture, this church was built between 1120 and 1286. It became the Cathedral Church of Nottinghamshire in 1884. Extensive restoration, which included the rebuilding of the nave roof, was undertaken by Ewan Christian in 1851-1888.
NOTES: Holly Village was designed by Henry Astley Darbishire for the philanthropist Baroness Angela Burdett-Coutts. It consists of four detached houses and four pairs of adjoining cottages built around a green.