Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Architectural Photographers

View as Grid List
Sort by

Second phase of the south-west housing section, Peterlee: a stub block of single-bedroom flats over garages

RIBA10582
Marsden, A. T. W.
NOTES: Peterlee New Town in County Durham was founded in 1948 and the Peterlee Development Corporation, established that year under the direction of A V Williams, was responsible for its development over several decades. A T W Marsden was the chief architect and planner for this phase of the development.

Fernand Leger Museum, Biot

RIBA10619
Svetchine, Andrei (1912-1996)

Duke's Dock, Liverpool: the long narrow basin with Duke's Grain Warehouse in the background

RIBA17491
NOTES: Francis Egerton, the third and last Duke of Bridgewater, commissioned James Brindley to build Duke's Dock as a general terminal warehouse for the unloading of the canal barges from the Bridgewater Canal near the centre of Liverpool. It opened in 1773 and was further extended in the 1790s.

Willington A Power Station under construction, Derbyshire

RIBA17495
Farmer & Dark
NOTES: Two coal-fired power stations, Willington A and B, were built on this site by the River Trent during the 1950s. Station A closed in 1995 and B in 1999 when everything except the cooling towers was demolished.

Dancing Knight effigy at Dorchester Abbey Church, Dorchester-on-Thames, Oxfordshire

RIBA18263
NOTES: This effigy has been identified as the knight William de Valance the Younger (d. 1282).

Euston Arch, Euston Station, London: the demolition of the arch to make way for the new station building

RIBA18403
Hardwick, Philip (1792-1870)
NOTES: This monumental arch was controversially demolished in 1962 to make way for a new modern complex, designed by R. L. Moorcroft, Midland regional architect of British Railways, completed in 1968.

Lighthouse and lock gates at Sjotorp, the beginning of the Gota Canal on the eastern shore of Lake Vanern

RIBA19042
Ericson, Nils (1802-1870)
NOTES: Thomas Telford was initially engaged by the King of Sweden to oversee the building of the canal which began in 1810 and was officially inaugurated in 1832. Nils Ericson was appointed leader of the canal project in 1824.
Close
)
CLOSE