NOTES: Walter Segal oversaw with Jon Broome the construction of 13 double storey self-build houses in Walter's Way, Honor Oak Park, Lewisham between 1985-1987. See RIBA131677 for a black and white version of this image.
NOTES: The barn at Bredon is an aisled structure of nine bays, with Cotswold stone walls and a stone slate roof. It is 134 feet long and has an equal width and height of 44 feet, and a loft approached by an external stair. It was distinguished from other great medieval barns in that it was inhabited by the Reeve (the estate overseer) and his family, so contained a fireplace, a stone lavatory and garderobe. It was badly damaged by fire in 1980. It was completely restored in 1983 by Frederick Charles, father of the photographer Martin Charles. See RIBA117865 for a black and white version of this image.
NOTES: The Courts of Justice or Legislative Council building was designed by Aston Webb and Ingress Bell in 1912. The Cenotaph which is an exact copy of the one in London by Sir Edwin Lutyens dates from 1923. See RIBA157362 for a colour version of this image.
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA130589 for a black and white version of this image.