Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Art

View as Grid List
Sort by

San Pantalon, Venice: side chapel

RIBA27046
NOTES: The church was built in 1668-1686. The decoration of the interior was completed in the 18th century.

Parish Church of St Leonard (Leonardskirche), Frankfurt am Main: the Antwerp Altar to Mary in the north transept with the painting of the Last Supper forming part of the predella

RIBA27764
Holbein, Hans, the Elder (c. 1460-1524)
NOTES: The painting of the Last Supper was executed by Hans Holbein the Elder in 1501. This was later removed to a museum. The Antwerp Altar was executed between 1515 and 1520.

Queen Mary's Dolls' House: elevations of the saloon north wall incorporating a laquered cabinet and frames for paintings by Sir John Lavery

RIBA29660
Lutyens, Sir Edwin Landseer (1869-1944)
NOTES: The dolls' house was conceived both as a gift from the British nation to Queen Mary and as an historical record of the ideal early 20th century English house. Princess Marie Louise commissioned Lutyens to design the house and together with the involvement of Sir Henry Morgan and a huge range of well-known manufacturers, it became a showcase for 1920s British craftsmanship and design. The house first went on display at the British Empire Exhibition at Wembley in 1924.

Letter from the sculptor Helen Phillips to Erno Goldfinger discussing a proposed balsa wood sculpture for their stand at the 'This is tomorrow' exhibition of 1956, held at the Whitechapel Art Gallery, London

RIBA30286
Goldfinger, Erno (1902-1987)
NOTES: Goldfinger and Phillips collaborated with the artist Victor Pasmore on an installation for the 'This is tomorrow' exhibition, held at the Whitechapel Art Gallery, London in 1956. Their Group 7 exhibit intended to demonstrate how architects and artists could work collaboratively.

Letter from Erno Goldfinger to the artist Victor Pasmore concerning the 'This is tomorrow' exhibition of 1956, held at the Whitechapel Art Gallery, London

RIBA30289
Goldfinger, Erno (1902-1987)
NOTES: Goldfinger and Pasmore collaborated with the sculptor Helen Phillips on an installation for the 'This is tomorrow' exhibition, held at the Whitechapel Art Gallery, London in 1956. Their Group 7 exhibit intended to demonstrate how architects and artists could work collaboratively. In this letter, Goldfinger discusses insurance for a work of art by Pasmore and describes the construction of Helen Phillips's balsa wood sculpture, which she completed while staying at the Goldfingers' house.

Sketched plan and elevations for the Group 7 stand at the 'This is tomorrow' exhibition, Whitechapel Art Gallery, London, including indications of a relief wall sculpture by Victor Pasmore

RIBA30290
Goldfinger, Erno (1902-1987)
NOTES: Goldfinger and Pasmore collaborated with the sculptor Helen Phillips on an installation for the 'This is tomorrow' exhibition, held at the Whitechapel Art Gallery, London in 1956. Their Group 7 exhibit intended to demonstrate how architects and artists could work collaboratively.

Design for a sculpture gallery above an open colonnade

RIBA30708
Stuart, James (1713-1788)
NOTES: This drawing dates from between around 1755 and 1788.

Sketches of two Renaissance paintings showing the Madonna with Christ as a boy, possibly by Rafaello Sanzio (Raphael)

RIBA32164
NOTES: An annotation at the base of this drawing suggests that the sketches resemble works by Rafaello Sanzio (Raphael), with the right-hand drawing similar to one held at Chatsworth House, Derbyshire.

Design for a wall-mounted frame with hinged doors for a bas relief, to be constructed from oak with silver hinges and handles: elevation with sections and details

RIBA32379
Cave, Walter Frederick (1863-1939)
NOTES: This image is from a volume of drawings (entitled Vol II) by various designers produced for or presented to the Quarto Imperial Club, London, between 1892 and 1897.

Musee d'Art Moderne Grand-Duc Jean (MUDAM), 3 Park Drai Eechelen, Luxembourg: close-up of the metallic framed 43 metre high glass structure of the Grand Hall

RIBA34129
Pei Cobb Freed & Partners
NOTES: This museum was built directly onto the rampart walls of the old Fort Thungen, built in 1832 and largely demolished in the nineteenth century.
Close
)
CLOSE