Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Architectural Discourse

View as Grid List
Sort by

The Board school and high-rise housing block overlooking the cleared site at Chatsworth, Liverpool

RIBA62686
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 4: 'The Continuing Community' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Jan.

Bull Ring shopping centre, Birmingham

RIBA62688
Birmingham. City Architects Department
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar.

Juxtaposition of the old and the new in the city centre, Birmingham

RIBA62691
Birmingham. City Architects Department
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar.

Bull Ring shopping centre and market, Birmingham

RIBA62693
Birmingham. City Architects Department
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar. The Bull Ring shopping centre was designed by the Birmingham City Architects Department and built between 1961 and 1964. The inner ring road passing through the centre was constructed between 1967 and 1971.

Bull Ring shopping centre square, Birmingham

RIBA62698
Birmingham. City Architects Department
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar.

Fish-eye lens view of the Rotunda, Bull Ring, Birmingham

RIBA62701
Birmingham. City Architects Department
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar. The Bull Ring shopping centre was designed by the Birmingham City Architects Department and built between 1961 and 1964. The Rotunda was designed by James A. Roberts in 1964-1965.

Pedestrians queuing for the escalator from the Bull Ring to New Street, Birmingham

RIBA62704
Birmingham. City Architects Department
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar.

Pedestrians walking through the Bull Ring underpass, Birmingham

RIBA62705
Birmingham. City Architects Department
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar.

Elephant and Castle Shopping Centre, Southwark, London

RIBA62713
Boissevain & Osmond
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar.

Elephant and Castle Shopping Centre, Southwark, London

RIBA62714
Boissevain & Osmond
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar.

Double-decker bus passing under the Hammersmith flyover, London

RIBA62715
G. Maunsell & Partners
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar. This elevated road in west London is one of the first examples employing reinforced concrete balanced cantilever beam supports with a single central column. It carries the A4 arterial road over and to one side of the central Hammersmith gyratory system, linking together the Cromwell Road extension with the start of the Great West Road.

Barons Arms public house dwarfed by local authority housing, 1 Cornbury Road off Rotherhithe New Road, London

RIBA62719
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar.

Road signage on Hampstead Road approaching the junction of Tottenham Court Road and Euston Road, Camden, London

RIBA62720
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar.

Friends in prayer, Quaker Meeting House, Bush Road, Wanstead, Redbridge, London

RIBA62731
Frith, Norman (1914-)
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar.

Quaker Meeting House, Bush Road, Wanstead, Redbridge, London: the series of four hexagonal pavilions seen from the graveyard

RIBA62732
Frith, Norman (1914-)
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar. Elizabeth Fry's headstone stands in this burial ground, although she and her husband are in fact buried at the Barking burial ground, now leased to the local authority as a pocket park with no headstones present.

Crisis at Christmas candlelit vigil, St Paul's Churchyard, City of London

RIBA62740
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar.

Salvation Army officiers picnicking on the steps of the figure group Asia by J H Foley, Albert Memorial, Kensington Gardens, London

RIBA62747
Foley, John Henry (1818-1874)
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar.

St Mary the Virgin, St Mary in the Marsh, Kent

RIBA62759
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar.

St Andrew's shared Roman Catholic and Anglican Church under construction, junction of Elmshot Lane and Washington Drive, Cippenham, Slough

RIBA62762
W. S. Hattrell & Partners
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar. This was the first shared Roman Catholic and Church of England purpose built church in England.

Roman Catholic Church of St Gregory the Great, Grange Road, New Arlesford, Hampshire: extinguished altar candles and chalice

RIBA62787
Melhuish Wright & Evans
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar.
Close
)
CLOSE