Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Architectural Discourse

View as Grid List
Sort by

Computer Technology Limited factory, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire: the canteen

RIBA62529
Foster Associates
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov. This factory is a conversion of a former canning factory.

Meat porter at Central Markets, West Smithfield, City of London

RIBA62531
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Ruins of Eglinton Castle, Kilwinning, Irvine, Ayrshire

RIBA62532
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov. Built in 1797-1802 for the Montgomery Earls of Eglinton on the site of 16th century stronghold, this castellated mansion was abandoned in 1925 and deroofed in 1926. In the 1970s what remained of the structure was made safe by demolishing all but a wing facade and a single tower. This area became part of Irvine New Town, designated in 1965.

Robert Wilson & Sons food canning factory, the stables of Eglinton Castle, Kilwinning, Irvine, Ayrshire: factory workers outside the converted stable block

RIBA62533
Adam, Robert (1728-1792)
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov. In the early 1950s Robert Wilson & Sons established their food canning business in the stable block, designed by Robert Adam, of Eglinton Castle, which became part of the area of Irvine New Town, designated in 1965. These premises were insufficient to accomodate the expanding butchery department so an 'Air House', devised by the Gourock Ropework Company, was erected at the rear of the stables in 1969.

'Airhouse' for Robert Wilson & Sons in the grounds of Eglinton Castle, Kilwinning, Irvine, Ayrshire

RIBA62534
Gourock Ropework Company
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov. In the early 1950s Robert Wilson & Sons established their food canning business in the stable block, designed by Robert Adam, of Eglinton Castle, which became part of the area of Irvine New Town, designated in 1965. These premises were insufficient to accomodate the expanding butchery department so an 'Air House', devised by the Gourock Ropework Company, was erected at the rear of the stables in 1969.

'Airhouse' for Robert Wilson & Sons in the grounds of Eglinton Castle, Kilwinning, Irvine, Ayrshire

RIBA62535
Gourock Ropework Company
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov. In the early 1950s Robert Wilson & Sons established their food canning business in the stable block, designed by Robert Adam, of Eglinton Castle, which became part of the area of Irvine New Town, designated in 1965. These premises were insufficient to accomodate the expanding butchery department so an 'Air House', devised by the Gourock Ropework Company, was erected at the rear of the stables in 1969.

Drawing offices for Lockheed-Georgia Company (GELAC), Marietta, Georgia: the completed building in full use on 8 June 1966

RIBA62540
Heery & Heery
NOTES: This is one of the images collected for use in 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov. These premises were built for the Lockheed aerospace company in just six months using Ezra Ehrenkrantz's School Construction Systems Development components (SCSD).

East Elementary School, Tooele, Utah: the internal courtyard

RIBA62543
Scott, Louie & Browning
NOTES: This is one of the images collected for use in 'Manplan 4: 'The Continuing Community' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Jan.

Women working on an electronics factory assembly

RIBA62570
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Unidentified airport terminal under construction

RIBA62578
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Tyre tracks on a muddy construction site, Birmingham

RIBA62579
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

The Strand and New Quay looking towards the Royal Liver Building and docks, Liverpool

RIBA62585
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Construction workers erecting the steel frame of the I. E. M. C. factories at Knowsley, Lancashire

RIBA62595
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Construction worker pulling drainage pipes on a wheelbarrow during the construction of the I. E. M. C. factories at Knowsley, Lancashire

RIBA62596
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Declining industrial landscape, Barton Power Station, Eccles

RIBA62602
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Remnants of a bygone industrial age

RIBA62603
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Alma Inn and graffiti, Main Street, Shildon

RIBA62607
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov. The Alma Inn is now called the Timothy Hackworth.

Workers' housing, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, with Dunston Power Station behind

RIBA62608
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Workers' housing, County Durham

RIBA62610
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Children posing for the photographer against the backdrop of workers' housing and industrial cooling towers, Teeside

RIBA62612
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.
)
CLOSE