Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Architectural Discourse

View as Grid List
Sort by

Terminal 1, Heathrow Airport, London: public telephone area on the concourse

RIBA62379
Conran, Sir Terence Orby (1931-)
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 2: Society is its contacts (travel and communication)' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Oct. The telephone kiosks and telephone book carousels were designed by Terence Conran.

Terminal 1, Heathrow Airport, London: public telephone area on the concourse

RIBA62382
Conran, Sir Terence Orby (1931-)
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 2: Society is its contacts (travel and communication)' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Oct. The telephone kiosks and telephone book carousels were designed by Terence Conran.

Terminal 1, Heathrow Airport, London: supervisor's booth

RIBA62385
Conran, Sir Terence Orby (1931-)
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 2: Society is its contacts (travel and communication)' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Oct. The supervisor's booth was designed by Terence Conran.

Terminal 1, Heathrow Airport, London: the departure lounge with shops

RIBA62388
Conran, Sir Terence Orby (1931-)
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 2: Society is its contacts (travel and communication)' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Oct. The shops were designed by Terence Conran.

Terminal 1, Heathrow Airport, London: the departure lounge with shops

RIBA62390
Conran, Sir Terence Orby (1931-)
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 2: Society is its contacts (travel and communication)' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Oct. The shops were designed by Terence Conran.

Labour Exchange, Jarrow, Tyneside

RIBA62498
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

River Tyne, Wallsend, North Tyneside: site of the waggonway system

RIBA62501
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

K & L engineering factory, Killingworth Township, North Tyneside

RIBA62502
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Marconi-Elliott Microelectronics factory, Witham, Essex

RIBA62503
Anthony B. Davies & Associates
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Marconi-Elliott Microelectronics factory, Witham, Essex: entrance to the clean area

RIBA62510
Anthony B. Davies & Associates
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Marconi-Elliott Microelectronics factory, Witham, Essex: a technician at work in the laboratory

RIBA62512
Anthony B. Davies & Associates
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Hewlett Packard factory, South Queensferry

RIBA62516
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Roche Products storage building, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire

RIBA62517
James Cubitt, Fello Atkinson & Partners
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Roche Products storage building, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire: the all-steel storage stacks

RIBA62519
James Cubitt, Fello Atkinson & Partners
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Computer Technology Limited factory, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire

RIBA62526
Foster Associates
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov. This factory is a conversion of a former canning factory.

Computer Technology Limited factory, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire: the canteen

RIBA62529
Foster Associates
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov. This factory is a conversion of a former canning factory.

Meat porter at Central Markets, West Smithfield, City of London

RIBA62531
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Ruins of Eglinton Castle, Kilwinning, Irvine, Ayrshire

RIBA62532
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov. Built in 1797-1802 for the Montgomery Earls of Eglinton on the site of 16th century stronghold, this castellated mansion was abandoned in 1925 and deroofed in 1926. In the 1970s what remained of the structure was made safe by demolishing all but a wing facade and a single tower. This area became part of Irvine New Town, designated in 1965.

Robert Wilson & Sons food canning factory, the stables of Eglinton Castle, Kilwinning, Irvine, Ayrshire: factory workers outside the converted stable block

RIBA62533
Adam, Robert (1728-1792)
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov. In the early 1950s Robert Wilson & Sons established their food canning business in the stable block, designed by Robert Adam, of Eglinton Castle, which became part of the area of Irvine New Town, designated in 1965. These premises were insufficient to accomodate the expanding butchery department so an 'Air House', devised by the Gourock Ropework Company, was erected at the rear of the stables in 1969.

'Airhouse' for Robert Wilson & Sons in the grounds of Eglinton Castle, Kilwinning, Irvine, Ayrshire

RIBA62534
Gourock Ropework Company
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov. In the early 1950s Robert Wilson & Sons established their food canning business in the stable block, designed by Robert Adam, of Eglinton Castle, which became part of the area of Irvine New Town, designated in 1965. These premises were insufficient to accomodate the expanding butchery department so an 'Air House', devised by the Gourock Ropework Company, was erected at the rear of the stables in 1969.
Close
)
CLOSE