NOTES: This, the largest housing scheme by Westminster City Council, was built in four sections between 1946 and 1962. The heat-accumulator was used to store the hot water brought in a tunnel below the river from Battersea power station for the district heating scheme.
NOTES: C. H. Aslin was County Architect for Hertfordshire from 1945 to 1958 and a pioneer of twentieth century prefabricated design. This school, part of the Hertfordshire County Council school-building programme which he headed, was constructed using the unit planning system.
NOTES: Weissenhof, located on a hillside overlooking Stuttgart, was an experimental housing settlement designed by sixteen leading architects of the Modern Movement for the 1927 exhibition 'Die Wohnung' (The Home).
NOTES: Built in 1958 as part of the reconstruction of Coventry after World War II, this theatre was named in honour of the Yugoslav gift of timber used to help reconstruct the city. The theatre is a good example of the 'Festival' or 'Contemporary' style.
NOTES: Tecton were responsible for the masterplan, which was given Town Planning consent in 1948, and Skinner, Bailey & Lubetkin were responsible for its development and execution. See RIBA141108 for negative verson of this image.