Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Architects' offices

View as Grid List
Sort by

SBI prototype office building, Wavendon Tower, Wavendon, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

RIBA43424
Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC). This building, constructed using the System Building for Industry developed by the Industry Group at the Milton Keynes Development Corporation, was used initially to house the Corporation's architects' office. The construction of this building required only 24 weeks. It has been demolished.

SBI prototype office building, Wavendon Tower, Wavendon, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

RIBA43425
Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC). This building, constructed using the System Building for Industry developed by the Industry Group at the Milton Keynes Development Corporation, was used initially to house the Corporation's architects' office. The construction of this building required only 24 weeks. It has been demolished.

SBI prototype office building, Wavendon Tower, Wavendon, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

RIBA43426
Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC). This building, constructed using the System Building for Industry developed by the Industry Group at the Milton Keynes Development Corporation, was used initially to house the Corporation's architects' office. The construction of this building required only 24 weeks. It has been demolished.

SBI prototype office building, Wavendon Tower, Wavendon, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

RIBA43427
Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC). This building, constructed using the System Building for Industry developed by the Industry Group at the Milton Keynes Development Corporation, was used initially to house the Corporation's architects' office. The construction of this building required only 24 weeks. It has been demolished.

SBI prototype office building, Wavendon Tower, Wavendon, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

RIBA43441
Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC). This building, constructed using the System Building for Industry developed by the Industry Group at the Milton Keynes Development Corporation, was used initially to house the Corporation's architects' office. The construction of this building required only 24 weeks. It has been demolished.

SBI prototype office building, Wavendon Tower, Wavendon, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire: structural detail

RIBA43442
Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC). This building, constructed using the System Building for Industry developed by the Industry Group at the Milton Keynes Development Corporation, was used initially to house the Corporation's architects' office. The construction of this building required only 24 weeks. It has been demolished.

SBI prototype office building, Wavendon Tower, Wavendon, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

RIBA43443
Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC). This building, constructed using the System Building for Industry developed by the Industry Group at the Milton Keynes Development Corporation, was used initially to house the Corporation's architects' office. The construction of this building required only 24 weeks. It has been demolished.

SBI prototype office building, Wavendon Tower, Wavendon, Milton Keynes, Buckinghmashire

RIBA43444
Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC). This building, constructed using the System Building for Industry developed by the Industry Group at the Milton Keynes Development Corporation, was used initially to house the Corporation's architects' office. The construction of this building required only 24 weeks. It has been demolished.

Mercantile Chambers, 53 Bothwell Street, Glasgow: facade detail

RIBA47552
James Salmon & Son
NOTES: James Salmon junior worked under his father, William Forest Salmon (1843-1911), and John Gaff Gillespie (b. 1870) in the firm of James Salmon & Son. He was given much of the design responsibility for this building, which became the office of the firm. Although he became a partner in the firm in 1898, neither his name nor that of Gillespie was acknowledged in the practice title until November 1903 when the firm became Salmon Son & Gillespie.
)
CLOSE