Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Arches

View as Grid List
Sort by

Church of St Thomas the Martyr, Winchelsea

RIBA162886
NOTES: This was or was planned as a cruciform church, but the nave was either never finished or was burned by the French in the 14th century. The chancel with aisles and the arches and ruins of the transepts remain. Except for the 15th century west porch, what remains though, is still largely 14th century.

Church of St Thomas the Martyr, Winchelsea

RIBA162887
NOTES: This was or was planned as a cruciform church, but the nave was either never finished or was burned by the French in the 14th century. The chancel with aisles and the arches and ruins of the transepts remain. Except for the 15th century west porch, what remains though, is still largely 14th century.

Church of St Thomas the Martyr, Winchelsea: the nave

RIBA162913
NOTES: This was or was planned as a cruciform church, but the nave was either never finished or was burned by the French in the 14th century. The chancel with aisles and the arches and ruins of the transepts remain. Except for the 15th century west porch, what remains though, is still largely 14th century.

Church of St Thomas the Martyr, Winchelsea: the nave looking towards the altar

RIBA162914
NOTES: This was or was planned as a cruciform church, but the nave was either never finished or was burned by the French in the 14th century. The chancel with aisles and the arches and ruins of the transepts remain. Except for the 15th century west porch, what remains though, is still largely 14th century.

Church of St Mary, Woolpit, Suffolk: the nave

RIBA162965
Phipson, Richard Makilwaine (1827-1884)
NOTES: The church is mainly 15th century, but contains work of c. 1300. The substantial porch was built between 1430-1455. The medieval tower fell in 1702, was repaired and fell again in 1708. The whole tower and spire was rebuilt in 1853-1854 by R. M. Phipson, and includes a timber vault of 1854.

Church of St Mary, Woolpit, Suffolk: the nave

RIBA162966
Phipson, Richard Makilwaine (1827-1884)
NOTES: The church is mainly 15th century, but contains work of c. 1300. The substantial porch was built between 1430-1455. The medieval tower fell in 1702, was repaired and fell again in 1708. The whole tower and spire was rebuilt in 1853-1854 by R. M. Phipson, and includes a timber vault of 1854.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE