NOTES: Woburn Abbey became the seat of the Russell family in 1547 and of the Dukes of Bedford from 1694. The Abbey was largely rebuilt between 1744 and 1790 by Henry Flitcroft and Henry Holland. The house and park were opened to the public in 1955.
NOTES: This was almost certainly the Gray familyÔÇÖs fairground in the Vale of Health, Hampstead Heath. During the 1930s Edwin Smith and his wife Olive Cook lived next to this site and knew the Gray family well.