Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Almshouses

View as Grid List
Sort by

Geffrye Museum, Kingsland Road, London

RIBA42375
NOTES: Built as almshouses for the Ironmongers' Company in 1715, these buildings were saved from demolition in 1913 and converted into the Geffrye Museum. Specializing in the English domestic interior, the museum opened to the public in 1914.

The Retreat almshouses at the rear of 14 and 16 High Street, Wolverton, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

RIBA43401
NOTES: The town of Wolverton, along with those of Bletchley, Stony Stratford and Milton Keynes, is part of the urban area of Milton Keynes, designated a new town in 1967

The Retreat almshouses at the rear of 14 and 16 High Street, Wolverton, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

RIBA43402
NOTES: The town of Wolverton, along with those of Bletchley, Stony Stratford and Milton Keynes, is part of the urban area of Milton Keynes, designated a new town in 1967

Great Linford Almshouses, Great Linford, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

RIBA43500
NOTES: Great Linford is part of the urban area of Milton Keynes, designated a new town in 1967. The single-storey almshouses designed for six unmarried poor people flank the two-storey schoolmaster's house - his living room served also as the schoolroom. They now form part of the local community arts centre.

Geffrye Museum, Kingsland Road, Shoreditch, London

RIBA47700
NOTES: Built as almshouses for the Ironmongers' Company in 1715, these buildings were saved from demolition in 1913 and converted into the Geffrye Museum. Specializing in the English domestic interior, the museum opened to the public in 1914.

Trinity Almshouses, Mile End Road, Stepney, London: one of the rows of red-brick cottages with stepped entrances

RIBA47705
Ogbourne, Sir William (c. 1662-1734)
NOTES: Built in 1695 for the Corporation of Trinity House by the master carpenter, William Ogbourne, the almshouses consist of two rows of brick cottages facing each other across a garden. Having suffered bomb damage in 1941 during World War II, they were restored and modernized by the London County Council in 1956-1962.
Categories
)
CLOSE