Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Advertising

View as Grid List
Sort by

Window display for BOAC, Regent Street, London: the Students Display Compettion entry by students of Twickenham School of Art

RIBA25435
Twickenham School of Art
NOTES: BOAC is an acronym for British Overseas Airways Corporation which was the British state airline from 1939 until 1946 and the long-haul British state airline from 1946 to 1974.

Central Station, Piazza Duca d'Aosta, Milan: the steel canopy over the platforms

RIBA25463
Fava, Alberto (fl.1925-1931)
NOTES: The competition for the construction of this new terminus to replace the old (1864) central station was won in 1912 by architect Ulisse Stacchini. Construction proceeded very slowly after World War I and the project kept changing and becoming more complex. Mussolini, on becoming Prime Minister, wanted the station to represent the power of the Fascist regime, hence the introduction of the great steel canopies over the platforms engineered by Alberto Fava. The station was inaugurated in 1931.

Street signs and advertisements, Vicenza

RIBA27263
NOTES: This image is one of many taken by Ivy de Wolfe, the pseudonym of Hazel de Cronin Hastings, of Italian subjects. Many of these appeared in the book 'The Italian Townscape' by Ivor de Wolfe (London: Architectural Press, 1963).

Outrage: advertising stations, Northwich

RIBA28859
SOURCE: Architectural Review, vol. 117, 1955 June, p. 388, fig. 9 NOTES: "The worst thing about Northwich, 9, is the coy drystone walls and blushing shrubs in front".

St Pancras Station, Euston Road, London: the clock above the gate to platform 3

RIBA30903
Barlow, William Henry (1812-1902)
NOTES: William Barlow was responsible for the train shed while Sir G. G. Scott was architect for the rest of the infrastructure.

Mackintosh's Toffee Kiosk for the British Empire Exhibition, Wembley, London

RIBA33073
P. J. Westwood & Emberton
SOURCE: Sir Lawrence Weaver. Exhibitions and the arts of display (London, 1925), pl. 127 NOTES: P. J. Westwood was in partnership with Joseph Emberton from 1922 to 1926.

Paramount & Plaza cinema, Lower Regent Street, London

RIBA38185
Verity & Beverley
NOTES: Originally the Paramount Theatre, it was designed by Frank T. Verity in 1926 for Paramount Pictures. It was converted into two smaller cinemas, the Plaza and the Paramount, in 1967 by Verity & Beverly. The signage and original red coluring was designed by Ken Garland & Associates with the lettering by Ray Carpenter who worked for Garland.
Close
)
CLOSE