NOTES: The Barbican Centre is located in the heart of the Barbican complex and comprises: a concert hall, two theatres, an art gallery, three cinemas, 2 exhibition halls, conference suites, the conservatory, and various restaurants and refreshment facilities. The Guildhall School of Music and the Barbican Library lie adjacent and are accessible from the centre.
NOTES: The 'Palladio' wallpaper range was the brainchild of Richard Busby and Guy Busby of the Lightbown Aspinall branch of Wall Paper Manufacturers Limited (WPM). The company commissioned a number of designers to produce both abstract and representational schemes around the central theme of architecture. Part of a larger 'Palladio' range of wallpapers, 'Palladio Magnus' formed a satellite collection of silkscreen printed papers primarily aimed at architects for use in public and commercial buildings.
NOTES: This 16th century Venetian palazzo housed the library and the art collection left to the public by Count Giovanni Querini Stampalia in 1869. Carlo Scarpa's remodelling of the ground floor and the garden in 1961-1963, included the removal of extraneous 19th century additions, the repositioning of the entrances, the recovery of the original space of the 'portego' (water entrance from the canal) and the layout of the garden.
NOTES: Palazzo Grassi was built between 1748 and 1772 and its design is attributed to Giorgio Massari. It was purchased by the Fiat group in 1983 and was restored and transformed into an exhibition space by Gae Aulenti in association with Antonio Foscari. It was further renovated in 2005 by Tadao Ando when it was bought by the entrepreneur Francois Pinnault. This exhibition, designed by Francesco Venezia, brought together over 700 Etruscan items from around the world and extended throughout all 36 galleries of the Venetian palazzo.